Chapter 7

Robin has been back at home for only three minutes before the doorbell is rung. He cut it close. He takes a breath. He sent Regina in the direction of the kitchen. He bought her enough ice cream to keep her busy for a moment. It’s not like he’s hiding her.

Ok. Maybe he his.

He just doesn’t want her good mood to end. The last time he brought her here things hadn’t been the bee’s knees. He likes Regina when she isn’t shouting at him. Robin feels as if they might have gotten on in the past few hours. He’s doesn’t need her going back to thinking he’s a wanker.

Robin shakes her from his head. Focus. He answers the door to greet the two preteens. He is immediately met with energy only kids can have.

“Hi Robin!” Henry and Violet smile brightly at him.

“What’s good Henry, Violet?” Robin easily smiles back at him. “Who's um, who’s this?” He gestures to the blonde teen standing behind them.

“This is my cousin Emma. Aunt Mary makes her drive us places.” Henry supplies.

It makes sense. Obviously, the kids can’t drive. And it’s responsible of her not to leave children at a stranger’s house alone. Even if said stranger is a worldwide popstar.

“I hope you don’t mind me crashing. I know you celebrities like your privacy.” Emma adds apologetically.

“Oh, no. It’s fine. Really. Lovely to meet you. I’m Robin, but you probably already know that.” Robin shakes her hand. “Please, all of you come in.” He guides them all into to the living room.

Emma takes a seat in one of the side chairs, while the twins sit on the lager sofa. They sure to leave a space between them for Robin to sit.

Ok. So. How do you start a guitar lesson? Come on Rob. How did you learn? Mr. Francis his school music teacher taught him. He taught Robin a lot of things. They always had so many instruments in that music room. OH! Robin you goof. The most important thing in a guitar lesson is the guitar.

“Let me grab my guitar then we can get started.” Robin informs them before rushing out of the room. In his studio, he has 7 guitars: 3 acoustic and 4 electric. He grabs of the acoustic ones. Robin stops by the kitchen on his way back.

Regina is in the middle of scooping three different ice creams into one bowl. It hasn’t taken long for her to make herself at home. He stares at her a minute longer than appropriate. He internally groans. Robin wants nothing more than to just drop everything and spend the day eating ice cream and watching movies with Regina. It’s then he realizes he's jealous of her. And not because she has ice cream. Ok, maybe it’s a little about the ice cream.

“I’m not sharing." Regina smirks as he makes it further into the kitchen.

“Then it’s a good thing I wasn’t planning on asking.” Robin thinks it’s lucky he thought to strap one of the guitars to his back. He has a free hand. Without a second thought he quickly swipes the bowl and spoon from underneath Regina. He's in the living room by the time she realizes what he’s done.

“Robin! Come back here you thief!”

He has a satisfied grin plastered on his face. When he enters the living room, he’s met three amused grins. “Who's ready to learn some guitar?” Robin says instead of answering their obvious questions. He’s just glad his antics didn’t encourage Regina to follow him out into the living room.