Chapter 5

12:27am PST

Regina knows for certain she's never been on this side of Hollywood. All too soon the busy streets are replaced with houses that grow in size as the progress forward. The landscapes are more dramatic. The space between each building gets farther and farther apart. Every house has a grandiose presence. No. There were not houses they were mansions. What house has it own spotlight? She can’t help but gasp at the sight of the house that belongs to him. For someone who tries to hide so hard from the paparazzi, Robin’s batman signal of a dwelling sure says ‘look at me'.

They pass a number of cars lined down the street. Pop starts really do party all night. Everything about this seems excessive. The lights. The parties. The mansion. The three other cars he has in his garage. Why does someone need so many cars?

John is out the car before it’s even parked. Guess he really had to go. Robin and Will are also out of the car at a lightning speed. Regina doesn’t judge them, she’s does not want to spend any more time than necessary in that hunk of garbage. Seeing how wealthy Robin is, he should just by the doctor a new car. Anything is better than this.

Regina doesn’t get a chance to see where his friends disappear to. Robin throws his hoodie on to her and pulls her out of the garage. The house is bigger on the inside than it appears. She doesn’t know why seeing it irritates her so much, but it does. This boy sings a couple songs about nothing of substance and gets to live in this gorgeous mansion that looks more like his museum than a home, while real people struggle every day. People like her parents who have to take on extra work in order to pay off their child’s medical bills and treatment. Or like his doctor friend Whale spends his nights caring for people, then having to drive in a car older than her that will likely kill him. What does he need forty giant pictures of himself hanging in his own living room for?

“You’ve go to be kidding. You actually live here?” Regina asks. There’s no way this could be the place he calls home. There is nothing homey or comforting about it.

“Yeah, why?”

Does he not see how this isn’t normal? That this living room could probably fit the entirety of Granny’s first level if maneuvered properly. The room is completed with floor to ceiling windows that look out to, what she guesses is a pool. Plenty of people are out there laughing and dancing. They seem to truly enjoying themselves. And every single one of the scream money.

She can see the appeal in living lavish and throwing fancy parties and having nice things. Really, she can. But is it worth it? These people here seem to be having a good time, but are the relationships meaningful? Is this what truly comes natural to them? These people are real people. She can see that. It’s easy to believe that people live like this only in the movies and yet here they are in front of her. They stand talking to one another in Gucci and Louis Vuitton. She never thought she’d see the other side. It comes so naturally them. Regina wonders if it would be like this for her if she was thrown into this new world.

She takes a step forward to get a better look at the room and the people, but a hand on her arm stops her. Robin drags her to a staircase. He pulls the hood of his jacket over her head and covers her face. The sudden change in her vision makes it hard to properly see where she’s going but Robin doesn’t seem to take notice. He continues to drag her up the winding stairs. “Where are we going.” Regina asks quickly. He’s leading her away from the party. And potential witnesses.

“Just go. Go. Go. Come on quickly.” Robin whispers and risks a glance over his shoulder.

“Stop pulling me.” Regina knows what he’s doing and she doesn’t like it in the least. It’s not like she asked to be here. In fact, she asked to go home.