You like him a lot, huh?

With a groan, Vanitas laid down next to the kid.

"do you live alone on the moon?"

vanitas turned his head towards the little boy, who was already staring at him with curious, yet patient eyes. The man didn't know what to tell the patiently waiting kid.

He didn't want to lie to little Noe's doe eyes that shone brightly in the dark room, despite seeming heavy lidded because of the late hour.

Vanitas sighed contently and stared up at the ceiling with a longing gaze. The high ceiling reminded him of his hotel room that he shared with the older Noe. Only difference is that Vanitas can't hear soft snores or feel safe in this room, that was way too big and spacious for his liking.

Living in Mureau's lab had cost vanitas his sense of security no matter where he went.

"Mr. Vanitas, are you asleep already,?"

"Non, Non mon Cheri, I'm wide awake and  Non, I don't live alone on the moon."

"really? there are more blue vampires on the moon?"

Vanitas hummed and glanced at the now wide awake boy. Chuckling in amusement, Vanitas tried to come up with some sort of story or person who he apparently lived on the moon with.

"The person is a vampire, although, not a blue one," vanitas continued, feeling the child's confused stare bore into the side of his head.

"not a blue one?"

"Nope, the vampire who lives on the moon with me is a vampire of the red moon. Like you," Vanitas looked at the child's fascinated face and found himself smiling slightly as well.

"Like me? That's amazing!!"

"it sure is, in fact, the vampire has violet eyes, tamed white hair, a smile that puts even the stars to shame," Vanitas didn't know why he was saying such things about his vampire partner and he was too tired to think about his reputation and dignity at this point.

Tiny Noe's eyes glistened more than vampirely possible and Vanitas knew what he had to do at that moment.

"oh, and the Vampire is crazy strong. He can lift a whole mountain with mere raw muscle power," vanitas remembers the first time that he had seen Noe lift up a whole telephone booth with one arm in order to save a stray cat that was l, somehow, stuck inside.

Vanitas had avoided making the vampire angry from then on, with his only weapon being the book of Vanitas and his witty tongue.

"He sounds a little scary," The boy said and the mere thought of Noe being intimidating brought a chuckle to Vanitas's lips.

He recalled the time when both of them were under that church in the catacombs and Noe had tried to use Vanitas as a hostage to get his way. The memory was still unbelievable and sometimes made Vanitas think that it was a dream.

"Don't worry, the vampire is very innocent and naïve. He won't even as much as consider hurting someone with his power and if he accidently did, he would sell his limbs for the person to recover. He's a good man, as gentle as a mother hen is with her eggs".

"Oh...Now he sounds nice. What's his name?"

"You would be surprised to know that this vampire that I speak of,has the same name as you, Noe."

"are you toying with me?"

"Humans aren't objects Noe, they aren't meant to be toyed with. I assure you, I speak only the truth."

"well then, I would love to meet this vampire someday," the boy said and Vanitas looked away from the boy's kind eyes.

"I'm sure that he would love to meet you as well, young Noe. He loves doing that, meeting new people. Always looking forward to travels and never letting an opportunity to learn slip by. He can get a little reckless doing that though," Vanitas said, realizing too late that he had been blabbering about Noe to his younger self.

"you like him a lot huh?" Young Noe said out of the blue and his statement caused Vanitas to widen his eyes while looking away from the boy.

"Non, it's not like that," He tried to explain but little Noe had already turned his body away from Vanitas and bid him good night.

The human did not know if he wanted to have his partner's tiny version thinking that he admires him or anything. But it was too late anyways.