Just how little he knew of him

"So...you really live on the moon?" Little Noe asked the raven haired male who claimed to be the vampire of the full moon. The child could barely keep from literally bouncing off of walls.

He's always had a fascination with the blue moon, possibly being the only vampire who looked at the sign of treachery with such awe.

Vanitas didn't know what to with this information. He knew that Noe had an obsession with the usually feared moon but he didn't know it was this bad. The kid wouldn't stop giving him that look that told him that one wrong word ,and his whole tiny world would come crashing down on him.

Vanitas would not consider himself to be a nice fellow. But the way Louis was glaring at him told him he ought to give it a try.

Clearing his throat, Vanitas gave little Noe the answer he most likely desired.

"Why yes, I live on the blue moon itself. It's truly a wonderful place," he told the little one.
Upon hearing the answer, said kid's eyes glowed like the motherfucking stars and he ran over to his suspicious friend who sat across from them on the dining table.

"Louis!!! Did you hear that? He said he lives on the moon! See? I told you people live there."
Louis simply gave him a small hum and led the boy to the seat next to him.

"You should eat Noe. I'm sure you're starving. I don't want you to head to bed with an empty stomach."

"Don't worry Louis! I ate berries when I was outside. I'm not hungry," the white haired boy grinned as he said that. Louis, however, didn't seem thrilled after hearing his response.

"Noe!! How many times have I told you to not eat wild berries? You could get sick or even worse, poisoned!! Do you want to cause trouble for grandfather," the older boy said to which Noe reacted to with a horrified gasp.

"Oh no...I didn't mean to cause trouble," he said with glazed violet eyes, "The fruits looked yummy so I ate them. I don't want to get poisoned??."

The boy was looking at Louis with tears in his eyes, being terrified at the thought of being hurt.

"Don't you worry, I don't think there are deadly fruits that can easily be spotted out there. You should be fine," Louis assured the little guy before giving him a stern look, "don't do it again though. Tell me before you put something unfamiliar in your mouth."

Noe nodded harshly before wiping his tears and giving Louis a warm smile.

"Okay, I won't do it again. I promise."

Louis smiled and ushered Noe to complete his meal.

As this was taking place, our guest, Vanitas was assessing the situation curiously.

He wondered why Noe never mentioned having such a boring, yet caring friend.
On top of that, he had never heard of a son in the de Sade family. It could be that they wished to keep him a secret but why?

Usually, high class families preferred to keep their male heirs closer.

Vanitas couldn't think of any possible reasons as to why they would keep this boy's identity a secret. He didn't look even a little sick with his pale yet healthy complexion, healthy looking silky hair, and his sharp gaze.

He was also very observant from what Vanitas could tell and that made for a perfect heir for a family like theirs.

Vanitas shook his head and tried to rid of the conspiracy theories that were starting to form in his head.

He doesn't have anything to do with their family matters, and he doesn't care either. He needs to focus on getting back to the present.

He wonders what Noe -the adult one- was doing at the moment. His first thought was that he was worried sick, trying to locate him or even going as far as to torture the malnomen ,to tell him of his partner's whereabouts.