Terror ⑥

birthday.

A specific year or number of years after a person's birth.

the day we celebrate simply because we exist

I've never had anything like that happen to me. But I understand how it feels to receive a birthday greeting.

But right now, we're getting ready for my birthday. My and Rudy's, to be exact.

In this kingdom, it is unusual for people to celebrate their birthdays every year. Instead, their birthdays are celebrated every five years.

5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and so on.

I'm currently enjoying some exquisite free food.

"Kiyo, happy 5th birthday! Rudy!"

"Congratulations on your fifth birthday, rudeus-sama, kiyotaka-sama"

"I appreciate it."

"thank you"

The party had begun. Everyone was talking,

playing,

having a good time

Paul's stupid actions,

dancing and singing

Everyone was happy, and I could feel it in the air.

I couldn't figure it out.

If I accept this new way of life and comfort,

Could I still live a peaceful life?

If I bury my feelings,

Would I still be considered a human?

If I let my buried emotions rule my life,

Would I still be able to succeed in life?

"kiyo!'

"hm? What exactly is it?"

"You were-never mind. It is now your turn to accept the gifts."

"Oh, okay, thank you."

I rose from my chair and approached Paul.

He presented me with a sword. nice and clean

"Kiyotaka, ahem. You were a fantastic student. mastered all forms in a matter of years I am very proud to have you as a son. However, as a boy, you must always keep a sword in your heart. to safeguard those you care about You'll need a wife and children one day. It is your responsibility to protect them. the divine-swor--"

"far too long." Paul was cut off by Zenith. That last part piqued my interest. I should ask him someday.

"Thank you, Father, for your thoughtful gift. "I will treasure this sword."

"haha! just as you should."

The zenith approached me,

"Kiyo, this book contains a variety of sword-style arts." "I hope this is useful to you."

"Thank you very much, mother."

Finally, Roxy arrived.

"Here, magical stone. Students who learn basic magic spells receive these as a gift. I suppose you could use this since you know a little bit of magic." roxy said, strangely staring at me.

"Sure, thanks." I went outside after celebrating to do my daily workout and sword practise.

I decided to go to bed as it was getting close to midnight.