Chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

I play with his hair while holding him tightly, hoping that Nick hurries up because I don't know how many times we can go through this pain again.

————

Alessia's POV.

We're in this warehouse from Flower's mafia in the left wing.

This part looks just like a real hospital.

In this very big room all my brothers except for the twins lie unconscious.

Hours have gone by and they all still look dead.

Especially Flower.

He just got out of surgery.

The doctor told me he'd be okay and all but I can't help and worry.

People in this place all look at me like I'm their leader or something. That now that all my brothers are out, I'm supposed to lead them.

I'm eight!

I don't know anything about this.

All I know is that I want Ace and Ash back here, with us.

What if they're hurt?

That guy Vincenzo is sitting on the other side of Flower.

People have been suggesting me to go take a shower and get changed so all that blood from Flower wouldn't be covering my body anymore.

But....I don't want to leave my brothers.

What if while I'm gone, they'll get taken as well.

I don't want that to happen.

"They're going to find Ace and Ash right" I tell Vincenzo.

He looks at me unsure of what to say, "they'll do everything in their power to try and find them" he tells me.

I nod my head and look back down.

I don't want to cry anymore but the thought of never seeing the twins again, hurts me more then any beating could ever do.

I lie my head down besides Flower's legs while holding one of his hands.

I'm so tired.

I don't want to fall asleep but after today, I just can't anymore.

Guilt still eats at me from the inside.

It's this constant pain mixed with fear that I can't get over.

My eyes soon start to flutter close and darkness consumes my body.

————

Vincenzo's POV.

Alessia falls asleep with her head lying on the bed next to an unconscious Nick.

Even in her sleep she doesn't look calm.

She's so anxious.

On the constant edge of a panic attack.

Her other brothers should've woken up hours ago.

I'm worried about them.

Really worried.

I lean over Nick and place a small kiss on the center of his head, "I love you amore mio, please wake up soon" I whisper gently while caressing his cheeks.

I sit back down while still holding his hand.

I place a kiss on his hand while looking at him gently as tears form in my eyes.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the boys starting to stir.

Finally.

Silas and Leo both wake up a few minutes apart from each other.

Probably since they got sedated around the same time.

I stand up slowly while blinking the tears away.

I can't cry.

I walk up in between the beds of Leo and Silas, "are you okay?" I ask them, "do I need to call a nurse or a doctor?" I rush out worried.

These boys are my family.

They're like brothers.

I hug both of them tightly.

"W-..where's Alessia?" Silas asks worried, ignoring my questions.

"She's okay, she's right over there, she's just shocked and confused, she's laced with worry for you all" I tell him while pointing to a sleeping Alessia.

Silas relaxes seeing her.

"Where are the twins?!" Leo exclaims when he doesn't see them.

"The Irish took them" I tell them saddened, "everyone that's available is already searching for them" I continue.

"They what!" Silas yells, raging with anger.

"Calm down Silas, I know you're angry but you need to calm down" I tell him.

He's breathing heavily and gets out of bed before walking up to Alessia and picking her up.

"Why is she covered in blood?" He continues sounding extremely angry and sad at the same time.

"Nick was sh-shot" I tell him as my voice breaks.

I swallow down the lump in my throat while I turn away and walk up to a still sleeping Noah, the boys are my responsibility now, I need to take care of them not the other way around, I can't cry.