𝐬𝐢𝐱 - 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲

"Seaweed help pass those signs out

"Seaweed help pass those signs out." Maybelle passed Alicia a sign along with a candle for later. After marching and protesting for hours dusk finally arrived. They had seen a lot of people come and very few go. Alicia had enjoyed going through the streets of Baltimore side by side with Tracy. Once everyone had passed through a bridge the sound of police sirens began and there was a swarm of police officers blocking the pathway.

" Two, four, six, eight, tv's got to integrate! " Everyone continued to chant as they all went under the bridge.

"Oh my god no!" Mrs Turnbland said shocked, "Ma come on." Tracy reassured her, "You knew there'd be police.". "But I didn't know there'd be cameras!"

"So?" Tracy began to get frustrated with her mum. "I cannot be seen on television at this present weight." Tracy just rolled her eyes as Edna began twisting and turning sideways to appear slimmer.

As everyone came up to the police Maybelle spoke up, "Excuse me, is there some reason why we can't pass by peacefully?" The cop went closer to Maybelle, "I strongly suggest you and your friends go back to where you came from." He said as he put out her candle. "Hey, you don't have to be so rude!" Tracy looked up at him, everyone told her to be quiet and to leave it but she didn't.

"Excuse me she's talking to you!" Tracy raised her voice as she hit the officer with her sign. Everyone around her gasped and the officer turned around, "You just assaulted a police officer, miss" .

" I what, Assaulted?!" Tracy sounded outraged. Everyone began to protest against the police officer, refusing to accept the fact that she 'assaulted' him. As the crowd began to yell and argue with/at the officer he finally had enough. "Enough! Hey!" He barked at them, "Alright boys, lets take the whole load in." .

The police officers began running up and handcuffing loads of people, "Run, Tracy, run!" Edna pushed her daughter away, who began running from the scene. Although many others stayed and held their ground. "Two, four, six, eight tv's got to integrate!" Everyone began chanting again getting closer to the officers. Alicia being in the front row made her an easy target for the police officers so very quickly a police officer had her in handcuffs and pulled her into the back of a police car. Along side her was Elijah. Who knew they would stick together.

"How are we gonna get out of this Eli'?" Alicia leant her head on his shoulder. In all truth she was tired. Of everything. The only thing she wanted to do right now was curl up into Cornys arms and just lie with him forever.

"Let's just hope bail ain't that pricey" He let out a small laugh in hopes of lightening the mood. But all Alicia did was take a deep sigh and close her eyes. Waiting for the moment she would wake up and people would be like, 'Surprise! It was just a big dream!'. But we all knew that wasn't gonna be happening any time soon.

Once they had reached the police station Alicia was trapped in a jail cell with other girls she saw at the march. One of which was Lisa.

But eventually one by one they all got bailed out or moved. Alicia was there for a good 4 hours before anyone had paid for her bail. Until all of a sudden an officer unlocked the door, "Good news, bail has been paid!" She stepped to the side, making room for her to leave. As Alicia walked to reception she asked, "Uh can I know who bailed me out?" . The receptionist looked tired and fed up, "Name?" she rolled her eyes.

"Alicia J. Stubbs."
"A - L - I - C - I - A?"
"Yes ma'am." Alicia nodded
"Oh a very fine young man indeed, Mr. Corny Collins." The receptionist looked up to Alicia from her seat, flashing her a smile that showed of her coffee-stained teeth.

"Ok thank you, have a good evening." Alicia said as she made her way out. In the parking lot there was Seaweeds car. As Alicia rushed in Seaweed looked at her immediately, "We need to go to Penny's house. I love her and I need to tell her." Seaweed looked for any sign of disapproval in Alicias eyes, "Let's go then?" She rolled her eyes playfully as she went to sit next to him. As they began leaving She bit her lip deep in thought,

"Actually can we make one more stop before we go to Penny's?"