𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Negro day was over

Negro day was over. Everyone had sung and danced and it was the best day of the month for everyone.But now it was time for the after-party, Alicia and Mariam always looked forward for this but now now that Alicia was once again single, this meant even more fun for the dynamic duo.

Alicia walked in, her arm linked with Mariam's when when she immediately spotted someone. Elijah. Alicia and Elijah once had a small summer romance but that ended once Alicia and Corny started going out. "Mariam I'll be right back!" she unhooked her arm from Mariam's and made her way towards Elijah. "Elijah!" Alicia smiled innocently and wrapped her arms around Elijah's neck, giving him a hug, "How are you baby? I haven't seen you in a while." he asked, causing Alicia to slightly cringe at the nickname. "Let's go dance!" She giggled as she heard her mum come out from the curtains,

"Are y'all hungry for some good fun?"

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐞

From the corner of my eye Alicia saw Seaweed walk in with Tracy, Link Larkin and a blonde girl.

𝐈 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞?
𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

Elijah put his hands around Alicias hips as they swayed together. Personally she thought this whole thing was cringe.

𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥
𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝐍𝐨-𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧' 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

"Uhm Elijah, excuse me for a second." Alicia sounded uncomfortably as she moved his hands away and followed her mother to Seaweed. "Well, looks like y'all took a step outta bounds." Maybelle raised her eyebrows, "Mom, Alicia, I would like you to meet my new friends. This here is Link. Tracy Turnbland-"

"This is so afro-tastic!" Tracy exclaimed, Alicia and her mum exchanged glances but decided to move on. "And this young lady right here....is Penny Pingleton." Seaweed smiled at her. You could see there was some chemistry there. Even Alicia noticed, making her wink at Seaweed, who just rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm very pleased and scared to be here." Penny said innocently, causing Alicia to scoff as she walk of. Eventually Maybelle left the teens alone and this is when Alicia approached Tracy, "Hi Tracy!" Alicia smiled. Although Link did look a bit annoyed at Alicias presence. "Hi! You're Alicia right? Corny told me so much about you!" Tracy put her hand out for Alicia to shake, which she accepted gracefully. "Oh. What did Corny tell you?" Alicia asked, she was intrigued to say the least.

"That you were nice and beautiful and after you finished singing today he whispered something like 'thats my girl.' . Tracy smiled. Link looked shocked.

"Wait, you're dating Corny Collins?" He whispered Cornys name. "Is that a problem?" Alicia questioned Link. "No, not at all- I mean it's just-" Alicia laughed at his panicked state. "I'm just teasing,but yes we dated but he broke up with me like a week ago" She nodded. Suddenly a pair of hands wrapped around Alicias waist and she was pulled into a hug from behind. "Elijah.." Alicia groaned as Elijah swayed her hips to the rhythm. "Excuse me for a second. It was great to meet you two." Alicia smirked as she let Elijah drag her away.

Tracy and Link looked at each other confused, "I thought they were still dating?" Tracy shrugged before turning her attention back to dancing.

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥' '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥!
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐞
𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞?

"Who was that?" Elijah mumbled into Alicias neck while they danced, "Oh just some of my brothers friends. Tracy and Link." She muttered. As the song quietened down everyone heard, "What ended?" Penny asked, and everyone began to ease dropped, "Negro day.".

"WHAT?" Everyone gasped and the music stopped, "All right. Time y'all knew." Maybelle sighed, "Velma Von Tussle just told me we have had our last show.". "No!" Everyone protested, no one could believe that it was true, "Yeah, seems our little show was a nice little placeholder, but it was time to get some ratings, I didn't wanna tell y'all upfront." Alicia immediately rushed to Little Inez, giving her a hug. Alicia knew it was her dream to be part of the Council and to dance on the Corny Collins show, but due to segregation this dream would have to remain a dream.

"I just wanted to have a little fun tonight." Maybelle finished. Alicia sat down next to her grandma, "But I practiced so hard, Now I'll never get a chance to be on the show." Inez complained, "You will be seen baby, I promise."

"You can't have your own show, fine you'll come dance with us!" Tracy stepped in, Alicia knew it was all bull but admired Tracy's determination, "Hmm honey, you been dozing of during history?" Maybelle laughed as Tracy responded, "Yes, always."

"Trace, black and whites ain't never danced on tv together." Seaweed stood up. "Well if we can't dance, maybe we should just march." Alicia knew Corny would be proud of Tracy for stepping up. "Ooh that'll get some good ol' ratings." Alicia furrowed her eyebrows, is that all this is about? Getting some good ratings? "Better time slot to." Once again Alicia sat there in disbelief. Were they only marching for the sake of ratings and fame? "What y'all say? Should we give this woman all the fine ratings she deserves?" Everyone cheered, even Alicia, no matter what this protest was for she would still march for civil rights any day.

"Tell you what, we meet up at the church Friday, four o clock and we will march on wyzt!" Everyone began to cheer louder.

As Maybelle began to approach her daughters she spoke up, "Come here baby, don't be sad, we gonna make it happen okay?" Maybelle hugged inez, "Can I go?" Inez asked as she looked up to Maybelle.

"Now, come on, now. I can't be worried about you out there. Me, your big brother and sister will all serve you the justice you deserve." Maybelle pulled Alicia and Inez into a hug.