Little Freak Pt. 2

Description: A oneshot story where Jungkook reminisces all those memories he had when he was with Taehyung.

Character Description:
Jeon Jungkook-20 years old
Kim Taehyung-22 years old

NOTE: This will be in FIRST POV (Taehyung's POV).

— ::
I hate to say this, but my job can go to hell.

Serving such expensive dish even if it was just a piece of canape made me want to lose my shit. How do people even buy so pricey food for that one little thing? Is that even called food?

I scoffed mentally as I placed back the tray onto its original place.

Jimin only gave me a glance before going back to his own job as an assistant chef. Maybe his profession was better than being a waiter to serve all these fancy people.

It made me recall that one memory in which me and Jungkook came to a really extravagant restaurant.

I was the one who initiated to take him for our third date. I sighed dreamily as I thought of the younger. I sometimes wonder how his life is going on right now.

Anyway, when we first went to the place, it was so awkward. Jungkook was only wearing his baby blue sweatshirt and ripped jeans I bought for him when I visited him at an orphanage one day.

And me? I was in a dotted long sleeve shirt and suspenders. To be honest, I think I gave a bad vibe to Jungkook when he looked at me from head to toe. He didn't comment on it, I'm grateful for that.

I widened my eyes when I first saw the prices. Damn, three shrimps could cost thirty dollars.

I blurted a loud laugh when I thought of it again which caused Jimin to come to me and asked if I was okay. "Yeah, I-I'm fine!" I laughed again and Jimin just patted by my back for my pathetic ass.

Jungkook loved the decorations of the place, though. So, I guess it was ninety-percent worth it. The rest of the ten-percent? It was a big no. Their iced tea was so sour as fuck.

I was proud of myself when Jungkook kissed me in the cheek for bringing him there even if he knew I used all my monthly budget for it.

Leaving another platter on number seven's table, Seokjin called me to have number five's table to be cleaned up as there was a customer waiting to be on one of the tables.

I eventually moved my feet there and as I did, I then thought — is Jungkook okay? I have never seen him for two years yet again.

His smile was so irresistible, and sometimes I think I don't deserve the boy at all.

"A table for one, please."
"Ms. Jung?" My jaw dropped, putting the filthy plates on the table again to greet her properly this time. "It's been a while." I said, eyes stained onto her face. She never aged by the looks of it, I swear.

"I never knew you work here, Taehyung-ah." The kind lady said as she took a seat. "Almost two months. I'm getting used to it." A chuckle was out afterwards.

Ms. Jung was such a great woman and caretaker. "How's the orphanage?" I asked, my hands now weighed with the plates back again.

"Same old times, Taehyung-ssi. There were new ones. Poor children, even newborn babies were taken in." I sympathized with her.

I never knew what it was like to be in an orphanage as I was with a mother and a father who took care of me with the years as I grew up.

I then remembered Jungkook who never even met his own. I never asked him, but did he cry in the lonely nights? did he think about seeing his parents even just once?

He is so strong to hold on, parents or none. He still had a golden heart and a wide smile through his ongoing life.

My heart stilled so badly as I took advantage of him. He was only seventeen for fucks sake yet I almost did it with him. I teared up at the thought and Ms. Jung must have seen it.

"You know, it's not your fault." She started. "You even told me how you almost took it by yourself but you stopped because you knew he wasn't ready. But, why did you leave, hm?"

I shook my head furiously as I put my tears from the side. "He's an angel, so pure, Ms. Jung. I was never meant for him at all. He deserved someone who can give him the world. I was so disgusted of myself when I touched him and he suddenly flinched at that. I was shaking so badly, I hated it. I hated the fact that he was scared for a second." I uttered quickly but clear enough for her to hear.

"Jungkook only cried once when you officially left. Though, you were a big part of his life." Ms. Jung admitted, a hand onto mine as she assured me I did not do anything wrong.

But, it felt illogical to me. Jungkook was only a minor, yes, almost eighteen, but I could've gotten him here and there if he didn't stop me. Would I have done that to him? I thought hard.

He wasn't ready. So thankful that he said it or else another conclusion would've been formed that night.

I had so many what if's after that, would he still be in my arms the next day right when I almost touched him?

I left Ms. Jung at her table after the short conversation.

Jungkook was someone I had in my grasp. Although we were dating, we never got into our deepest parts, never showed our scars in and out, didn't get to fill in the blanks of our lives.

I was probably only there to show him what happiness feel like in the bliss of a moment. The orphanage was not his home, he was meant to be in a place where it was filled with warmth and security.

I tried to be that, but I let him go and I know I regretted that part so much. But I knew there was so much more for him to see. And I can't give him that.

I was only a part of his world, not his whole world.

He never said he liked me romantically, did he? Maybe he did, but from the very first time we kissed, he was surprised.

Like I dropped a whole bomb for him to carry on until it exploded one night. I didn't get to know him properly, maybe because I was new to this and he was too.

We rushed, I rushed him to be in a relationship at some point. The younger seemed so hesitant when he nodded to my question, "Would you be my boyfriend?"

I let out a squeak as Jimin poked me behind. "Give this to table number eight."

But, I won't go back to it anymore, I am sure he is happier now and found a life of his own.

Maybe he's beginning to have a family now or going to university to complete his education. Either way, I will be proud of him and flow with my own life.

I was thinking about who you are
Your delicate point of view
I was thinking about you

Just thinking about you.

— ::
Hello, it's minqrks !

This is somehow based on a song by Harry Styles, yes :). They weren't meant to be together again, it's just about the memories and regrets they thought of during their relationship and now it's time to move on with life.

Stream Yet To Come. (Run BTS and For Youth made me feel things though, aha.)

Thank you for reading!