Chapter 4: Detentions and sleepovers

Dean's POV:

When I walked into the library I saw Castiel which his shirt up. Although his skin was tanned and perfect it wasn't what had me staring, it was the fact that covering his perfect skin were massive and sore looking bruises. He was just sitting there looking at the bruises and wincing in pain. "Cas." I say, breaking the silence and letting him know of my presence.

He quickly put his shirt down and looked straight at me. "It's not what it looks like." He says, turning away from me and looking straight at the floor. "Yeah well it looks like you got beat up, bad." He didn't say anything, so I spoke again. "Who did it to you?" He laughed a little before responding. "Why would you care?" He asks still not looking up from the floor.

"Because I may be all tough but does not mean that I stand for bullying. Now, who did this to you?" I ask again this time louder. "Is it someone I know, is that why you don't want to tell me? Because if that's the reason I don't care, just please tell me." I try to reason with him. He now looks away from the floor and turns to look straight at me.

That's when I notice those bright blue eyes for the first time. I'm sure they're even brighter than the Pacific Ocean. They were beautiful. Wait what, did I just say his eyes are beautiful.

"It wasn't any of your friends. It wasn't anyone at this school for that matter. So please stop asking." He says just as the bell rings. He quickly grabs his bag and starts to walk out of the library.

I stay standing where I was, thinking about what he said. It wasn't anyone at this school, that means it must have been at home or something. That's when I realised all the things I'd heard about his dad were most likely true.

"Was it your dad?" I ask without thinking just as he opens the door. He shuts the door and slowly turns towards me. "What?" Is all he says so I elaborate. "I've heard stuff about your dad. Bad stuff, like really bad stuff. I seriously hoped it wasn't true, but it obviously is." I tell home and I can see tears brimming in his eyes.

"You can't tell anyone." He orders, and I start to protest. "But he's hurting you. If you tel..." "No. I've handled Jason all my life. And I don't do it because it's fun. I do it to protect my brothers. Jason is crazy ok, and if he finds out that I told someone about this. I can't imagine what he will do to them, so no you can't tell anyone." He interrupts me.

As he says this, I start to think about Sammy, and how I would do anything to protect him, I would take a beating for him in a heartbeat. So I understood why he didn't want to tell anyone, but I still wasn't just gonna sit by and let him get hurt.

"Fine, I won't tell anyone on one condition. You and your brothers come over to my house tonight." He looks at me quizzically before asking 'why.' "Because that way I know that you guys are safe. If I'm not allowed to get actual help, I have to help in other ways." I smile at him in hopes he will accept the deal. "And you won't tell anyone?" I shake my head and he nods. "Ok, deal." He says before I grab him by the arm and dragging him out to baby.

Once in the car, he leads me towards his house so we can go get his brothers. We drive for 1 minute and just before Cas has time to get out the car I tell him to bring overnight bags. I wait in the car patiently for them to come out.

After about 5 minutes I see the door open to see two golden haired boys, one with golden eyes and the other with blue eyes. They looked identical and I guessed they were the twins that Cas had told me about in the car. As they reached the car the golden eyed one brought out a red cherry lollipop and put it in his mouth smiling happily as soon as he did this.

The next to come out was who I'm guessing is Alfie, he has brown hair and blue eyes as well. Then out comes Castiel looking sexy as all hell.

Wait, did I just say Castiel looked sexy. Well he did change it a T-shirt that clings to his skin allowing me to see he perfectly muscled chest, and this time not be distracted by the bruises. But I'm not gay so why the hell am I looking at his muscles and saying he looks sexy.

My thoughts were interrupted by the car door opening and in stepping the four Novak boys. "Dean these are my brother, Gabriel," he say pointing to the one sucking on a lollipop. "...Balthazar," pointing to the other twin, and finally pointing to the last one. "...And Alfie. Guys this is Dean." I hear they mumble what resembles a 'hey' and I start driving home.

~~~~~~

Once I parked outside my house all five of us get out of the car. They waited at the door for me and once I opened it I welcomed them in. "Ok, so if guys just wanna go straight through into the living room I'll go talk to my uncle and meet you there in a minute or two." I smile warmly at the and they follow my instructions with grateful looks in their faces.

I walk towards the kitchen where I knew Bobby was most likely to be, making dinner. "Hey Bobby how ya doing?" I ask as sweetly as possible and he turns to look at me, his facial expression saying 'yeah, yeah. What do you want?' So I continued to tell him about Cas and his brothers. "Ok so I there's this new kid at my school and he... well, he has problems at home." I tell him, choosing my words carefully so not to reveal too much. "And why are you telling me this?" He asks. "Well, I kinda invited him and his three brothers to stay with us tonight." I say all in one breath.

Bobby sighs deeply before speaking, "I suppose you can't tell me what these 'problems' are, huh?" He asks and I shake my head. "Fine, but your in charge of sleeping arrangements." He says and I hug him tightly whispering a 'thank you' before taking off down the hall toward the living room.

"He said it's cool." I say as I enter living room. "Ok so, Cas your staying in my room and you three can stay in Sammy's room, since he's got the most room to spare." After saying this, I exit the room and head towards Sammy's, with Cas and his brothers following suit.

Once I get to his door, I open it without even knocking to find him sitting at his desk doing his homework, what a nerd. "Hey Sammy. So you'll will be having three guests tonight, this is Alfie, Balthazar and...." I start. "Gabe?" Sam says although it sounds more like a question.

"Omg is 'The' Sam you've blabbing on about." I hear Balthazar say. "Yeah. What are you doing here?" Gabriel responds to his twin before asking Sammy a completely obvious question. "I live here." Sam simply says and I decide it is time to leave. "Well, Cas and I will just be going then." I say before subtly walking out and taking Cas with me.

Once in my room I close the door and lay down on my bed. "Uh, Dean. Is it just me or have you been calling me Cas all day." I sit up to look at him and smile. "Yeah I have. Is that ok? I mean at least it's better than punk." He laughs a little at this. "Yeah I guess it is and yeah its totally ok that you call me that." I smile at him and he smiles back. We stay like that for a while before I decide to break the silence, to keep me from gazing into his deep, bright blue eyes.

"So, do you wanna play Xbox or something?" I suggest and he nods. We play call of duty for an hour or so until Bobby calls us down for dinner. We had burgers and chips and the conversation was really good. We mostly just talked about school and how Gabriel and Sammy knew each other, but no one talked about the Novak home or why they were staying here so I can safely say it was a pretty good dinner.

After dinner I went straight back to my room dragging Cas along with me. Once in my room I close the door again and smile at him. "So what do want to do now?" I ask. "I'm actually really tired and quite sore, so I was wondering if I could just lie down or something." He says and nod. "Sure. I only have a double so we're gonna have to share. Is that ok?" I question and nods before walking over and slipping into the bed with me quickly doing the same.

I turn to look at him and find him already looking at me. "Thanks, you for letting us stay here." He thanks making me smile genuinely at him. "It's fine. Your always welcome, especially when your dads there." I tell him but I don't get much of a response so I speak again. "You know you can talk to me about him. I know your new at school and considering I'm the only person you've spoken to you probably don't really have anyone to talk to about him. I just want you to know that I'm always here to listen."

He smiles at me when I say this. "Thanks. And who knows, someday I might take you up on that offer." I laugh slightly at this. I had no idea what time it was anymore but I had the feeling that it was getting quite late. "We should get some sleep." Cas' says as if reading my mind. "Yeah, night Cas." I say before shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight Dean." Is the last thing I hear before I let sleep over come me and I slip into a world of darkness.