Chapter 2

~ Noah ~

"I just did a BDSM scene! Well, light BDSM. Just hands tied and a little spanking. Turns out I look good in a collar. I think I'll start wearing chokers when I go clubbing."

I shook my head and smiled even though neither gesture could be seen by my best friend who was so far away. Still, what a way to greet me as I answered the phone.

"Hello to you too, Kyle," I said, holding the mobile device with my left hand and pouring myself a box of the cheapest cereal I could find at Marv's Groceries. Well, second cheapest. The cheapest was completely inedible. Even dogs would think twice about eating it.

"'Hello' is boring." My childhood friend snorted. I could hear some vague noises in the background - voices and running water, and more loudly - a locker door being slammed shut. Kyle must've still been in the studio and had probably just finished with his post-filming shower - a necessity in the adult movies business - before he'd called to happily fill me in on his newest achievement.

"So, did you get laid yet?" Came from the other side of the line.

This time I straight out laughed and almost spilled the milk I was pouring over the cereal. "Seriously, K?"

"You told me you had a bunch of hot colleagues at your second job. I'm still waiting for the pictures, by the way." Another locker door slammed, someone called his name, but since Kyle didn't reply, I assumed it had been just a greeting and he'd nodded or waved at them.

"I can't just snap a photo of them," I said, sitting on my sofa and putting the bowl of cornflakes on the small table in front of it. Breakfast would have to wait; crunching cornflakes and phone conversations did not go well together. "Especially since I'm on a trial period. What if one of them gets annoyed and tells my boss and he's all like 'That's it. You are out.'?"

"Don't be ridiculous! Now, pics or it didn't happen." Yet another door slammed and seriously? Did no one at Hepburry Productions know how to close a door?

"I especially want to see the Viking bartender and the bear-like bouncer," Kyle went on with the background noise changing. Now I could hear cars so he was probably on his way home.

I gave him an eye roll - one more gesture he couldn't see, but he knew me so well, he must've guessed I was doing it.

"Why am I not surprised?" I asked, eyeing my cornflakes. I was hungry for it, but I was more hungry for news from Kyle. Calling and texting on the phone was nothing compared to being together almost twenty-four-seven, which was what we'd been used to since kids.

"Because you know I like my men big." It took me a second to remember I'd asked him a question. A rhetorical one, but he'd decided to answer. And wasn't done: "And I'm not talking only about what's in their pants."

"Big and snuggly. Yeah, I know."

"The bigger they are, the more there is to snuggle to." He input wisely. "Since I'm not getting details on your love life..."

"Nothing to share there."

"... Aren't you going to ask me about mine? Or work. You still haven't watched my videos, have you?"

"'Cause that wouldn't be awkward at all."

"I don't see what's the problem. We've had enough sleepovers and hasty morning showers together because we'd overslept..."

"It was usually you who overslept and then we'd had to share a bathroom, K."

"Point is, you've already seen me naked. And walked in on me fucking a few times."