4│JUST BEAT IT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ꒱

YOU'RE PLAYIN' WITH YOUR
LIFE, THIS AIN'T NO TRUTH
OR DARE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

No one in the group was surprised by Eddie's story. How could they be with everything that had happened to them? After reassuring him that he wasn't crazy, they left him to camp out in the shed as they returned to their respective homes.

The following morning, they made an errand run to the grocery store where they collected snacks and drinks. It was the most time Jessie had spent around Dustin and Max since the summer and needless to say, it was very awkward; she'd made sure to go to any empty aisle she could. Now, they'd returned to Reefer Rick's and Eddie was making a serious dent in the food they'd brought him.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," Dustin began. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," came the mumbled answer— Eddie didn't stop eating long enough to speak clearly.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max added.

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin told him. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" the brunet mocked himself.

"Exactly."

"So, before that happens we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie," Jessie began. "I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, and it is—"

"Thanks, Jess—"

She ignored him. "—but we've actually been through this before. I was a part of this when it all started about three years ago. It's in different forms every time but the gist is the same. A giant monster is has it out for humankind— not that I can blame it, we suck— but unfortunately people like living so then we have to fight it. It gets killed and we all go out for ice cream and clown hats after."

"Clown hats?"

Jessie shrugged. "I dunno, I've only ever been to one party."

"Thanks for the pep talk Pippi Longstocking, but I don't think you understand what it is that I saw," Eddie said.

Steve backed her up: "we usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so. . ."

Robin cut in as well, "so we're technically in more of the—"

". . .kinda. . ."

"Brainstorming phase," Max offered.

"There-there's nothing to worry about."

"Famous last words," the brunette commented.

Steve shot her an annoyed look. "That was entirely unhelpful."