2│SEPARATE WAYS ( WORLDS APART )

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴡᴀʏs
(  ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ) ꒱

❝ IF YOU MUST GO,
I WISH YOU LOVE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"So, shall we just get this over with or are you going to lecture me again about how breaking and entering is bad?" Miss Kelly continued to look disappointed but didn't say anything. Instead, she pointed to the guest chair. Jessie sighed but acquiesced. "Is there ever gonna be a time when I get to question you?"

"This is my job, Jessie," the counselor reminded her. She took a seat on the appropriate side of the desk. "I ask you why've done things and you give me the reason. Now, let's get started. Have you heard from your mom recently?"

The brunette sighed. "It's gonna be one of those days, isn't it? No, I haven't. Everything's fine at home. The reason for my C streak is because school is dumb. I haven't made any new friends and yes, I've kept up with my old ones. Actually, you just interrupted my call with one of them." She paused. "There, is that enough? Can I go now?"

"I don't understand why you fight me on this every week," Miss Kelly began patiently. "You know that I'm here to help—"

"Yeah, you're about as helpful as a flea on a dog's back." The teen scoffed. "Honestly, Steve's a better advisor than you are and that's saying something."

"Steve?" the woman repeated with interest. "I've heard you mention him a few times before. He doesn't happen to be. . . a romantic—"

Jessie grimaced with disgust. "Ugh. Gross! If I were to date any boy— which I'm not— Steve would be last on the list. In fact, he wouldn't even be on the list." She shuddered at the thought. "No, he's more like an annoying friend that I only hang out with because he's got a car."

Miss Kelly made a note of her explanation on the clipboard she had propped up against her desk. "Very well. Now, last week you mentioned that you were feeling lonely because your ex-girlfriend—"

"No, that's not it. I said that my girlfriend broke up with me because she needed space and I was worried that she's feeling lonely. I'm perfectly fine."

"My apologies," the counselor conceded. "You've mentioned this girlfriend quite a bit, but you've never given me a name—"

Jessie interrupted her again. "Yeah, and I'm not gonna. What is this, a witch hunt? Name two other accomplices and you get off scot-free? I don't think so. Even if we've broken up I still respect her too much to make her a social pariah like I am. Besides, I understand why she did and I don't hold it against her. Why is the school board so intent on outing the LGBT-plus community anyway? I'm not hurting anyone and I've never even kissed a girl publicly!"

"It seems that you have some very strong feelings on this subject," the dark-haired woman observed.

"No shit, Sherlock—"

"Language, please, Jessie. You are still talking to a faculty member."

"Whatever. Look, I'm not gonna tell you sh— crap about my love life. Why don't we get to the part where you recite the lecture about why being gay is wrong and let me go?"

"I hope you know that I'm not just repeating words that the school board sends to me," Miss Kelly told her calmly. "We would like to help all troubled students—"