3│DOWN UNDER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ꒱

YOU BETTER RUN, YOU
BETTER TAKE COVER
 ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The next day, the quartet commandeered Erica Sinclair's help to access the secret room. Jessie had been properly introduced to Robin and after she'd explained her connection to the Russian words she joined them on their quest to infiltrate the "lair." Now, Erica was preparing to make her way through the vents while the older teens waited atop the adjacent building.

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin asked quietly into their radio.

"'I copy,'" the younger girl replied as her static-y voice sounded through the receiver. "'You nerds in position or what?'"

"Yeah, we're in position," Robin answered. "It's all quiet here so you've got the green light."

"'Green light. Roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment.'"

Jessie smirked at the name. While she and Lucas were like oil and water, she could respect his sister's outlook. She didn't necessarily agree with everything but at least the ten-year-old wasn't a girlfriend-stealer.

"Can we maybe not call it that?" the older teen radioed back.

"'See you on the other side, nerds!'" was Erica's only response. Then, the line went silent. After a few minutes of waiting while they stared at the gray door, her voice returned: "'alright nerds! I'm there.'"

"Do you see anything?"

"'Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about.'"

"Any guards?"

"'Negative.'"

"Booby traps?"

"'If I could see them they'd be pretty shit traps.'" After another moment, she gave a positive affirmation. "'I'm in!'"

"Oh god," Steve groaned as he put his head in his hands.

Finally, the doors were buzzed open to reveal a victorious Erica Sinclair. Her hands were proudly positioned on her hips as she declared, "free ice cream for life!"

They didn't respond as they quickly raced down to join her on the ground. As they filed into the room, the younger girl shut the door behind them. Steve's eyes flicked to each of the innocent-looking boxes until they landed on the ones from Imperial Panda. He made a beeline for it and ripped open the taped lid as he pushed it open.

The remaining members of the group leaned forward to peer inside. Instead of normal take-out supplies that should have been there, a silver box with a circular handle greeted them. Jessie began to reach into the box to open it until Steve slapped her hand away. 

"What have I said about touching unknown objects?" The brunette huffed in annoyance as he unlocked the lid. Four more metal handles appeared beneath the carrier. As he placed the lid aside, Steve muttered, "that's definitely not Chinese food." He reached in to pull out one of the cylinders. "Stand back." Robin and Erica followed his direction while the younger teens stayed near him, causing him to shoot them an irritated look. "Just step back, okay?"

"No," Dustin said.

"Step back. Seriously."

"I'm not afraid!" Jessie protested.