“If we had a blowtorch for half a day, sure. Dale’s hacksaw sure as hell won’t do it.” He replied.

The sound of crunching caused the trio to point their flashlights at the source, showing a walker that’s been eating a rat. It growls and lunges toward them but is stopped by the gate. They backed away in horror and ran out back the way they came.

 »»————- ➴ ————-««

The walkers have broken enough glass to reach the inner doors. Rick and Andrea take up positions, their guns aimed and ready. Morales, Jacqui, Emiko, and Glenn run up behind them.

“What did you find down there?” Rick asks, putting his gun down.

“Not a way out,” Emiko said.

Andrea looked around, “We need to find a way…and soon.”

 »»————- ➴ ————-««

Rick looks through binoculars, “That construction site, those trucks –they always keep keys on hand.”

Morales takes the binoculars, looks, and then looks down at the street below. ”You’ll never make it past the walkers.”

Rick turned to Glenn and Emiko, “You got me out of that tank.”

“Yeah, but they were feeding. They were distracted.” Glenn said.

“Can we distract them again?” Rick asked.

Merle spoke up, “Right. Listen to him. He’s onto something. A diversion, like on ‘Hogan’s Heroes.’” 

Emiko walked over to the toolbag, “Do I need to duct tape your mouth too?”

“Whatever you're into foxy” Merle smirks.

Jacqui rolls her eyes, “God. Give it a rest.”

“They’re drawn by sound, right?”

“Right, like Merle. When he sees a pair of tits,” Emiko smirks, earning a high-five from Andrea and a chuckle from T-Dog.

Rick rolls his eyes at Emiko’s response, “What else?”

“Aside from they hear you? They see you, smell you and if they catch you, they eat you.” Morales answers. Emiko pointed at him and nodded.

“They can tell us by smell?” Rick asked, confused.

“Can’t you?” Glenn sasses.

“They smell dead” Emiko starts.

“We don’t. It’s pretty distinct.” Andrea continues.

 »»————- ➴ ————-««

Back in the department store Rick grabs several pairs of rubber gloves and shoves them into Glenn's hands, “If bad ideas were an Olympic event, this would take the gold.”

Morales walks up to Rick, “He’s right. Just stop, okay? Take some time to think this through.”

Rick pulls three raincoats of hangers, “How much time? They already got through one set of doors, that glass won’t hold forever.”