xxxiii. 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭, 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

"Morman

"Morman." Jude braced himself as he stared up at Suzies house. "Take my hand."

"They're religious, very." Mike said, taking his hand anyways.

"They'll be too distracted by my lovely features." Jude nodded with a grin in his direction, pulling him toward the door.

"I can't feel my butt." Argyle complained. "Can you guys feel your butt?"

"I can feel my butt." Will confirmed as he stretched his back.

"Everyone needs to be on their best behavior, okay?" Jonathan warned the group, mainly looking to Argyle.

"Why are you looking at me when you say that?" he laughed.

"Woah, I didn't!" Jonathan defended himself.

"They're just really religious." Mike pointed out.

"On second thoughts, maybe I don't wanna get beaten with a bible today." Jude and Mike let their hands go as he knocked on the door. "Don't worry, i've got this. Parents love me."

"I'm super spiritual, dude." Argyle nodded.

"I think they're spiritual too." Mike looked back. "Just in a different way."

Jude smiled as the door opened, expecting to be face to face with a middle aged woman or balding man. His gaze fell down to a small child holding a fake bow their way. "Well, there goes my plan."

"Oh. Hey." Mike stared at the small one. "Is Suzie here?"

The boy screamed, letting the bow go as the fake arrow stuck to Mikes forever. Jude gave a sudden snort as Mike winced, the child yelled again. Jude reached up and pulled it off his face. "This is why I said let me do the talking."

"Shut up." Mike pulled him into the house as they gapped at the boys fake fighting. "Okay, getting seventh grade flashbacks."

"Because of Troy?" Jude frowned his eyebrows.

"Because of you." Mike corrected.

"Away, you starveling!" one of the kids yelled at the other. "You elf-skin! You dried neat'd tongue!"

"Sounds like Jude." Will gave a snort.

"This is my kind of party." Argyle looked around.

"I've been bitten." a girl announced as she fell onto the carpet. "Help! Help!"

"Beautiful performance." a boy approached with a camera in hand.

"Where would I ever read here?" Jude gapped.

"Excuse me." Jonathan cleared his throat. "Uh, hey, we're looking for Suzie."

The boy snapped his fingers with a look of disbelief. "Can you not see that we are filming?"