xiii. 𝗦𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀

Mike almost laughed as he saw Jude struggling to get the tape on the highest window

Mike almost laughed as he saw Jude struggling to get the tape on the highest window. A good two inches came in handy as Mike did it for him, making Jude sigh. "I'm gonna do that to you all the time when I hit my growth spurt."

"I'll hold you to it." Mike nodded, rolling the tape back as Jude continued to do the little parts. "You feel okay?"

Jude shrugged. "I miss Bob."

"Me too." Mike nodded, doing the other side for him. "But, maybe doing this will make his death mean something. Like, he didn't die for nothing."

"He died because I brought up the idea of someone leaving." Jude snapped at him, but that anger was not directed toward Mike, it was just take out on him.

"Jude, that isn't true." the Wheeler boy looked in disbelief and shock. Jude shook his head, turning on his heels. "Jude."

"I need to help Lucas." Jude made the excuse, shaking his head as he walked away.

Mike had headed out to the shed with the Joyce, Jonathan , and Hopper. They all figured that if anyone could break through to Will, it would be Mike, who he'd known the longest, who had been the entire reason he knew the ones around him. Jude messed with his altoids box, popping it open, and shutting it again.

Hopper pushed through the door quickly, making Jude jump as he watched him grab a pen from near the door. "What's going on?"

He was ignored, Jude looked out the door in worry. "Is Mike okay? And Will?"

"I think he's talking." Hopper informed him to stop the questions, scribbling on the notepad. "Just not with words."

They all crowded around the table, looking over his shoulder. Mike ran in with Jonathan, Jude shut the door behind them and wrapped his hand around Mikes wrist, pulling him to the table. Steve looked in confusion. "Wait, what is that?"

"Morse Code." they all said back on sync.

"H-E-R-E." Hopper spelt out. "Wills still in there. He's talking to us."

Between Mike, Jonathan, and Joyce, Will had communicated through tapping his chair. Mike coded it through the walkie that Jude held. "Dash, dot, dash, dot.

"C!" Lucas called as Nancy wrote it down.

"L."

"O."

"S."

"E."

"G."

"A."

"T."

"E."

"Close Gate." they all read on sync, Jude and Max shared a look. The phone rung, getting a gasp. Jude ran over to it quickly, nearly falling over the chair, yanking the phone off before putting it back, silence ran through the house.