v. 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗷𝘂𝗱𝗲

"Judith Anrod Mackenzie!" Dustin yelled that morning as he jumped onto him

"Judith Anrod Mackenzie!" Dustin yelled that morning as he jumped onto him. "Happy birthday! Get up! It's your birthday! Very much your birthday!"

"Dustin." Jude huffed, head into the pillow. "Old people need to sleep."

Dustin getting off of him took Jude by surprise until he felt his body lift off the floor. He let out a shriek as Dustin carried him. "Jesus Christ! When did you gain a hundred pounds?"

"Oh my god! Put me down!" Jude spoke in disbelief.

"No can do, Birthday Boy." Dustin walked as fast as he could through the house. "Almost there!"

"Dustin!" Jude hollered out before he was let down.

"Happy Birthday!" Lucas, Will, and Mike smiled from the kitchen. A cake was infront of him, a one and a four in the center with candles lit. Jude tried not to flush.

Dustin noticed. "I see you blushing, Lady Killer!"

"I don't do that!" Jude defended himself as Dustin awwwed loudly and hugged him, the trio adding in as they all teased Jude.

"Make a wish." Will spoke quickly as he patted Jude. The curly haired boy, who's curls were all over the place this morning, thought for a moment. What could he wish for? What was there to want in such a perfect situation like this? Perhaps... perhaps he'd wish one thing he always though, always kept stored in the back of his head.

He wished El was safe.

"Go get it." Lucas mumbled after Jude blew his candles, turning back with a weird look.

"Don't do the ant thing again." Jude gave an alarming look, still hadn't recovered from last years birthday. "I still have bites!"

"It isn't the ant thing." Lucas rose his hands in defense. A small meow came from the hallway, Mike walking in with Winkel in his arms.

"Winkel!" Jude gushed as he took the black cat from Mikes arms. "Oh my god, why do we have Winkel?"

"I know how much you love him and I didn't want him to have to go to a shelter." Mike grinned as he rubbed Winkels ear, making him purr in Jude's arms. "So I took him off your neighbors hands."

Jude gushed. "Michael!"

Jude pulled Mike into the side hug, still holding Winkel with his other hand. "I would have died if Wink went to a shelter."

"I know." Mike grinned as the pulled away, the rest of the party began to talk in high pitch voices and pet Winkel. "And I really don't want you to die so I had to get him for you."

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the greatest medical curiosities of all time." Mr Clarke spoke that day in class, the light off while the projector was before them. "Phineas was a railroad working in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large rod was driven completely through his head. Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine. And physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality. So much so that friends that knew him started referring to him as 'No longer Gage.' At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a-"