03

Chapter 3
Photograph : Cakes and Biscuits

Spring.

A season that comes after winter.

     Spring is the season between winter and summer when the weather becomes warmer and plants start to grow again. Flowers commence to bloom as the hibernating animals emerge and live life around the grassy field or the flowing river once more.

   A season where Cale relishes in as he goes out to take imagery of nature. The beautiful and scent of fresh leaves and newly borne flowers.

The season where he mostly spend his days with silent joy and calm serenity.

     The warm sun and clouds that surmount like how his heart would warm up to remind him that he has feelings, emotions. The essence of spring that reminds him of his effulgent and bubbly mother that would always ask for his presence to incline the garden. The scent of fresh fruits and saccharine aroma of flowers that would take up the rest of his circumventions.

    Cale had exactly felt it when he looked at the man but wait-, there was a catch.

     There was this longing sense of nostalgia when he visually examines him, the feeling of kenning who he was unsettled him. However, Cale doesn't ken because the man's lower a moiety of his face was covered with a mask and only showcased his oculars that were similar to his through his transparent glasses.

     Those eyes remind him of one thing, and they were the rust on metals he sees when he passes by mechanical shops, like how they were the same colour of autumn and the earth's ground. Light yet grounding but its pools were deep and wise.

    It took Cale absolutely seven seconds to notice that he had not responded but stared. And during those seconds, he went through the five stages of grief as it was disrespectful to stare even in unfamiliar grounds.

The man was looking at him, unbothered but Cale could feel the awkwardness and shifty atmosphere hanging around the air. Shuffling slightly, Cale swiftly moved himself a bit to give space which had made the man sit down.

         Caw. Caw. Caw.

       Cale suppressed the urge to roll his eyes at the imaginary sound that he was auditory hallucinating. Why was he hearing things now? Was this supposed to make the situation lighter or what because Cale felt it just dropped -45° low more. Sigh, whatever. This day is literally just so lovely and great, makes him want to suddenly go back to swimming.

         And he sucks at swimming.

   He can still remember the way the tide would drag him over to the centre and drown him, ah, what a beautiful traumatic experience. Nevertheless, he still loves the ocean as it is a part of beauty and nature.

   Cale moves his fingers on his phone, scrolling through Instagram and casually responding on his fans' comments. Yes, you saw that right. Cale has his own fans, for some reason. However Cale had a gist: it's because of his face or because he's friends with few popular people.

   When he was in his prime of 22, he was friends with Witiria. A famous CEO and one of the best swimmers England could have. Since he himself was born as a silver spoon, he was bound to get into meetings because who knows who might inherit the company his Father currently reigns over.

    Cale and Witiria met each other through one of those meetings but it was only for a short while since they have their own lives. Although, the two did met again when he... kind of got into a relationship with her younger sibling.