chapter twelve: caught

ابدأ من البداية

"No, it's okay, I'll go by myself. Go back to sleep. I'll be back in like...a half hour, at most." I replied.

"Mmm, okay." Dream said, sliding back down in bed and getting comfy.

I slowly stepped out of the room, closing the door behind me, then jogged to the room Sapnap was staying in. Sap was sat on his bed, staring out the window.

"Hey..." I said reluctantly, entering into his room and shutting the door gently.

Sapnap scoffed, not even attempting to look me in the eyes.

Sapnap cleared his throat. "So I went out last night, expecting myself to be the one having a lot of sex on this vacation. I could not have been more wrong."

"Sap, nothing happened between Dream and I. Well, things happened, but...not sex. Just kissing- and not even here. Back at home." I said, noticing how bad what I was saying sounded as it came out of my mouth.

"Back at home?!" Sapnap asked, raising his voice at me a little.

"Yes, but just kissing. I promise, Sap." I said, sitting down on a chair a few feet away from him.

Sap turned around to look at me now, his face a blank expression. "You promise?...That's funny, because when Dream and I met, when we were kids, we promised to tell each other everything, no matter what. No matter how...how big or little, how insignificant or groundbreaking, how exciting or embarrassing...he said I'd never be the last one to find out..."

I took a deep breath in. "No, Sap, you were definitely not gonna be the last person to find out. Dream wanted to tell you eventually, but I think he just wanted to wait until...whatever we have going on became more than what it is right now."

Sapnap played with a loose string on the bottom of his shorts, twisting it in-between his fingers. "I mean, it seems pretty serious to me...making out on multiple occasions? Hiding from your best friend? Sleeping in the same bed as each other on vacation?...Wait, is it even true that there's only two guest rooms?"

"No, there's three guest rooms. I think he...I think he lied about that, too." I said, starting to feel really bad and guilty at this point.

Sap didn't deserve this. This thing between me and Dream had only been going on for a few weeks now, but still, Sap deserved to know. Not only was he our roommate and was directly affected by this, but he's also Dream's best friend of over ten years, and my best friend of several years as well. It felt so shitty hiding this from him.

Sapnap didn't say anything, he just shook his head several times.

I looked out the window where Sapnap had his eyes fixed and saw the children who I had heard just a few minutes ago: they were screaming and laughing while running through a sprinkler on the ground.

I looked over at Sap. "I'm so sorry. It was Dream's idea to hide this for a while, and I'm not putting all the blame on him, but I didn't want it to be weeks before you found out. I can imagine how weird this must be for you...and awkward."