chapter ten: caution signs

I awoke in the night to the right side of my bed caving in beside me, as Dream whispered my name.

"George?" Dream said softly. 

I opened my eyes, my room faintly lit so I could barely make out his face.

"Hi." I replied, giving him a sleepy smile.

Dream just smiled back, looking at my probably very messy bed-hair, then back down at my eyes.

"Is it time to get up?" I asked, searching my bed for my phone that I must have fallen asleep on top of.

"Oh no, it's just past midnight. It's not morning yet." Dream replied softly, lifting the covers up and getting into bed with me, but he kept a few feet between us still.

"Why are you in here then?" I asked, giving up on finding my phone and just sitting up in bed to face Dream.

He laughed lightly. "Why, you don't want me in here?"

I didn't say anything in response, because Dream already knew that he was welcome in my room anytime.

"I wanted to let you know that it's my mom's last night staying here." Dream said excitedly. "They're basically done cleaning at her house, so she's moving back there tomorrow after she gets out of work."

"That's good...You came in here just to tell me that, though? It couldn't wait until the morning?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Well it could have waited, I just...I just wanted to see you now." Dream said sweetly.

"That's kinda cute. You saw me all day today, though. I guess it's different seeing me at night..." I smiled, scooching closer.

This immediately made Dream move a few more inches away from me, as he whipped his head around to monitor my partially-opened bedroom door. He stared at the door for a few seconds, making sure no one was out in the hallway, then turned his attention back to me.

"We're fine, Dream." I reassured him. "Everyone's asleep. I think Sap's gonna be sleeping a lot the next few days because of his concussion."

"Oh, I came in to talk to you about something else too." Dream said.

"More breaking news that you just had to come into my bedroom at midnight to tell me, you simp?" I said, chuckling. "Go ahead."

"We should go on a vacation." Dream blurted out.

"What, just you and I?" I asked.

Dream nodded. "Me, you...and Sap. A Dream Team Vacation, on Amelia Island. I already have the house rental settled...well, kind of. I still have to tell her the dates, but she'll definitely be fine with us staying there."