Chapter Four: Family

Start from the beginning

"Then..." Y/N searched his brain for anything he could say.

"Stop. Stop loving me..."

'Please don't leave me alone' He repeated over and over in his head.

His lips trembled as he fought with himself, trying his best not to turn around and hug her back.

"You don't mean that." Hermione mumbled into his back, her tears flowing into his robes.

"I can't save us from this, Hermione!" Y/N shouted, clenching his fists.

"I can't save us..."

Y/N couldn't hold himself back anymore. He turned around, embracing her tightly as they both let everything out.

The two sat in silence, crying with each other.

"I don't belong anywhere anymore..." Y/N spoke up after a while.

Hermione placed her hands on his cheeks once more while his arms remained around her waist. She smiled a little as he finally met her eyes.

"You belong with me." She whispered, wiping the tears off his cheek.

In that moment, Y/N knew. It was her who made him a better person. It was her who he needed more than anyone. He loved his family. But not the way he loves her.

"I love you, Hermione." Y/N muttered before pressing their lips together.

He finally smiled. It was gentle and soft but it was pure. Hermione smiled back, moving her arms around his neck.

"Don't do that again, okay?" Hermione scolded, playfully hitting his back.

"Don't try and go about things like this alone ever again. Then I'll really be mad."

Y/N chuckled, holding her tighter.

"I'll try not to." Y/N whispered, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

"No more lies?" Hermione asked.

"No more lies." Y/N mumbled into her neck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what is it?" Hermione spoke up, skipping rocks into the lake with Y/N.

The two had been hanging around their spot, calming themselves down from all the tears they had lost with their almost-breakup.

"What is what?" Y/N asked, taking a seat back by the tree.

"Why did you join them? What do you have to do?" Hermione retreated next to Y/N, leaning her head onto his shoulder.

Y/N went quiet. How was he supposed to tell her?'No more lies' He repeated, trying to gain the courage to tell her.

"Draco and I have to kill him. Dumbledore." Y/N said straight-forwardly.

"What?!" Hermione exclaimed, instantly getting off his shoulder.

 "We have to. He'll kill us." Y/N looked her in the eyes.

"You have to tell him." Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, gulping.

Y/N clicked his tongue before breathing out and ruffling his own hair.

"You don't expect him to just let us off, right?" Y/N spat, getting frustrated.

"Well-" Hermione tried to speak up.

"Hermione, I can't trust him." Y/N cut her off.

"And you trust You-Know-Who?" Hermione scoffed, getting a bit angry at his answer.