Chapter Eight-Teeth Collection

Trista closes her eyes and starts shivering. "Oh! It's happening again!"

I hear a thud and I turn around to see Tooth on the ground. I look at Trista, "What is happening?!"

She laughs. "I forgot you are new here. Children are waking up to find out that the Tooth Fairy never came!"

"But that's impossible!" Tooth says. "I collected all of the teeth last night! I remember it so clearly!"

"Well darling you don't remember as well as you think," Trista smiles. "As soon as you left to come here, I stole all of the teeth—and the memories."

"No..." North says. "We will not let this happen again!"

They all run towards her and attack. I just stand there, not knowing what to do. After a couple of seconds, I come back to my senses and run where the Guardians are. Bunny is throwing explosive eggs towards Trista, but she gets on a horse made of the similar type of sand that Sandy uses and disappears.

"Was that a horse made of sand?" I ask the others.

"Yes. She is turning Sandy's dreams into nightmares. It is the same method that Pitch used." Jack says.

"What are we going to do now that my fairies are gone?" Tooth asks.

"Well what else can we do!" North says, "We are going to collect all of the teeth tonight, just like last time!"

"Do you think it's going to work?" I ask.

"We did it once so we will do it again! And it's going to be easier since we have one more Guardian!" North says.

"Okay then, let's do it," I smile.

———

"So how does this workout?" I ask. It is midnight and we are about to collect the teeth.

"Just go in each house, take the tooth from under the pillow, leave a gift, and leave. But remember to not wake up the child," Tooth says.

"Okay, sounds simple," I say.

We all start going house to house. I take my time with all of them but the Guardians are going extremely fast. Are they racing against each other?

I go into another kid's room and walk slowly towards the bed. Then, out of nowhere, the floor gets slippery and I trip.

"Ugh, Jack Frost!" I say angrily.

He smirks before jumping out of the window. "You are too cautious, Sunshine!"

I stand up and jump out of the window, following him. "You're lucky I'm invisible to others, ice box!"

I flick my wand and a long stem grabs him by the waist. I fly towards him and take the tooth out of his hand. "You forgot to leave a gift Jack."

He frowns but then smirks. "Well played Sunshine, but don't let your guard down, I will get you next time."

"We'll see about that." I roll my eyes and fly back into the room, leaving a coin under the pillow.

Hey everyone! Here is chapter eight! 😆

Thanks to the user 8alexmal8 for the name idea for Trista.

Sorry that the chapters are short. I have been very busy, but I promise to try to make the next one a bit longer! 🥲

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Word count: 484