23: lover's quarrel

Start from the beginning

As of right now, Rory and Dean were sitting at a table while Josh and Cassie were dancing again. They both felt immensely more comfortable being this close to each other than they did when they first walked onto the dance floor at the start of the evening.

"I have an idea," Josh announced.

"Do tell."

"You, me, and some cheap burgers," Josh told her, smiling when he saw Cassie's face light up.

"Oh you read my mind," Cassie said excitedly.

"I can go grab our coats."

"Okay." They walked off the dance floor and Josh left Cassie with her sister. "Where's Dean?" Cassie asked as she sat down.

"Getting our jackets," Rory told her. "Where's Josh?"

"Getting our jackets," Cassie answered. "We're gonna get some food. What about you? Headed home?"

"Yeah, I think Dean's getting bored," Rory replied.

"How could he be bored, he's with a Gilmore girl," Cassie joked. "Uh oh."

"What?" Rory looked up, watching as Dean and Tristan talked.

"Come on," Cassie pulled Rory out of her seat.

"Get out of my way Dristan," Dean said angrily.

"Oh, aren't you clever," Tristan mocked.

The twins stepped in between them, Rory on Dean's side and Cassie in the middle. "Hey what's going on?" Rory asked nervously.

"Nothing. Just getting to know your boyfriend here," Tristan said, answering Rory's question.

"It's going really well, don't you think?"

"Oh yeah. We're just about to build a clubhouse."

"Well I hate to break up the party, but we should go," Rory said, pulling Dean closer to her.

"Oh why? Little girl's gotta be home?" Tristan taunted.

"Hey," Cassie shook her head at him, wondering why he was acting like this.

"Stop," Dean said at the same time.

"No, I think you two make a very cute couple. Is your horse and buggy parked outside? Got to get home for the barn raising?"

"Let's go," Dean said, then he and Rory started to walk away. Despite Cassie's attempt to stop him Tristan walked past her and moved in front of Rory. Dean acted immediately and shoved Tristan away from him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"You will not push me again!" Tristan yelled at him.

"Are you seriously trying to act tough? You're wearing a tie for God's sake," Dean said, pointing to the tie Tristan had on.

"What the hell's going on?" Josh asked as he appeared beside Cassie. "I could hear the shouting from the coats."

"Dean and Tristan, lover's quarrel," Cassie answered.

"Outside! Now!" Tristan yelled pointing towards the door as the music stopped.

"I'm not fighting you. It'd be like fighting an accountant. I'll call you when I need my taxes done," Dean said mocking him and that set Tristan over the edge.

He lunged forward, going after Dean, who was ready to hurt Tristan if he had to. Josh and a few other guys reacted, pulling the two of them away from each other. Rory took a few steps back, she never expected something like this to happen because of her.

"You don't want to fight me Tristan!" Dean yelled.

"Why not?"

"'Cause I'll kill you, idiot!" He fully pulled himself away from the guys holding him back. "Come on, Rory, let's go," Dean took Rory's hand trying to walk away. However, Tristan broke free from Josh's grip right as Dean turned around to look at him. "You will not come near her. Ever again."