Theseus Scamander 1.0

You and Newt Scamander were best of friends in Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. That also meant that you were friends with Newt's older brother Theseus as well as Leta Lestrange. You had always had a crush on Theseus and to this day you still did but he lived in England while you were in Paris. After you finished school the four of you went your separate ways. You did miss them all very much and had even thought about sending an owl but each time you backed out.

Soon enough you heard that Grindelwald had escaped MACUSA's grip and supposedly was in Paris. You were worried about what his plans could be and constantly looked over your shoulder, just in case.

You were on your way to work when someone ran into you.

"I'm so sorry Miss- (Y/N)?"

You looked up to see your old friend Newt Scamander. "Newt! It's been so long!" You say excitedly, standing while straightening your papers.

"How are you?" He asked, smiling.

"Pretty good. Still chasing animals?" You asked laughing.

He nodded. "Ah, yes. What have you been up to?"

"Oh, I work at a muggle school as an art teacher." You reply showing him some of your art examples that you were going to show to the class. "Anyway, what brings you to Paris?" You ask as a plump man runs up, out of breath.

Newt, stop running... so... fast." He said before seeing you. "Oh hello." He said with a wave.

You waved back as Newt introduced you.

"Jacob this is my friend (Y/N). (Y/N) this is my friend Jacob."

"Newt we still need to find Tina and Queenie." Jacob reminded Newt.

"Oh yes. Well, it was lovely to see you again (Y/N). Send an owl!" He said in a rush. "Also Theseus is at the Ministry here, if you want to see him and Leta again. Oh, and I'm sorry." With that, he ran off with Jacob behind him.

You were a bit confused with what Newt said but you headed to work, making a mental note to visit Theseus after work.

Later that day

After school ended you stopped to get some coffee and Theseus' favourite snack from when you both were in Hogwarts. You were slightly nervous to see him but also excited.

You walked up to the lady at the front desk and asked, "Ou puis-je trouver Mr Scamander?" (Where can I find Mr Scamander?). The lady smiled and wrote his office number down telling you to take the stairs that went up. You thanked her, took the note and headed upstairs.

You found the office and knocked gently on the door. You heard an annoyed voice say, "Come in."

You slowly opened the door and your eyes me a soft brown pair.

"(Y/N)? It's been so long!" He said excitedly while getting up from his desk to hug you. You immediately hugged him back before pulling away to give him the snack you brought.

"I brought you a snack. I hope you still like them." You smiled nervously.

"Thank you! How could I not? These are my favourite. I'm surprised you remembered." He said taking them.

"How could I forget? I've seen you eat so many." You laughed.

"How have you been?" Theseus asked while opening his snack.

"Pretty good. I moved here after Hogwarts and now I teach an art class at a muggle school. You?"

"It's been wonderful, working for the Ministry but it's been rough since Grindelwald escaped." He said before shrugging. "Leta and I recently got engaged." Your heart shattered but you continued smiling. that's why Newt said sorry. "(Y/N), are you alright?" He asked his face full of concern.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine."

"If your fine then why are you crying?" He asked as you realised your face was covered in tears.

"Sorry I must go. It was nice seeing you Theseus." You say smiling at him before walking out and accidentally bumping into someone. "Oops sorry." You say glancing up and realizing it was Leta.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

You shook your head and walked away.

"What did you do to her?" Leta asked her fiance.

He shrugged. "She asked about my life after Hogwarts and she started crying when I said we were engaged." Leta hit his arm.

"Theseus! She has liked you since she first met you! come on now, you idiot. I know you like her too. Go on, go get her!" she said rolling her eyes and pushing him forward.

"(Y/N)! Stop, wait!" You hear a voice call out but you keep walking until they put a hand on your shoulder. "Please." He said, begging.

You wiped your tears and turned toward Theseus.

"I'm sorry." He said pulling you into a hug.

"It's okay. I'll get over it." And with that, you walked away leaving Theseus there standing alone.

I feel so evil for ending it like this, haha! in case you were wondering, I'm going to make a second part to this don't worry.
849 words + Unedited