Human Sleepovers Aren't Always Boring

I sit in the living room as Eda pulls up the hood of her overcoat to cover up all the feathers that have been growing.

"Alright Luz, you're in charge while I'm gone. Just got Hooty installed, so make sure he doesn't get up to anything. He needs to calibrate some more as he connects to the houses."

"Hoot hoot!" Hooty yells, opening the front door where he's hooked up, "I don't need a babysitter! I'm a big boy AI!"

"You can count on me," I nervously chuckle, messing with my hood, "I would never betray you hard earned trust!"

"You're acting suspicious. You're doing the thing where you hide in your hoodie."

"Meow I'm not!" I say, pulling my hoodie strings tight around my face before realizing, "Uh...I mean...where's King?"

Eda opens up the coat, revealing King fast asleep in a pink baby carrier.

"His little body ust conks out when he's weightless. Just look at him."

Eda begins to sway and King's limbs rag doll around, not waking.

"He's so dangly!" I quietly squeal, playing with his feet.

"Anyways, I should get going," Eda says, heading towards the door, "And Luz, if you mess up the house, I will never trust you again. No pressure! Bye!"

Eda slams the door and I let out a massive sigh, relaxing.

"This will be fine, right? It's just an innocent human sleepover! Willow and Gus are probably on their way anyways."

Soon after, a knock comes from the back door. I look back and see Willow and Gus waving at me. I open up the door and let them inside.

"Welcome friends to the living room! We will be staying in here to minimize mess. Also, don't use the front door, Eda just installed Hooty and Titan knows he'd snitch."

"Woah. This place is encanting." Willow swoons, looking around.

"Look at all this!" Gus explains, digging through a chest, "So many treasures! And...humans!"

"We've got snacks, weird music, and anything else we could need." I say chipperly, pulling out a snack tray I had prepared.

"Including enough friends for a fun sleepover." Willow adds, "This is so exciting!"

~~~~~

"Alright. This is boring." Willow sighs.

The first half hour was fun, but now we don't really have much to do. We ate, played some human games, messed with Hooty, but it was so fleeting.

"Yeah. Sleepovers aren't at all what we thought they'd be." Gus agrees.

"Well that's because this is a human sleepover. If it was more like a conjuring from my realm, we'd be having way more fun. You bring something to life with moon magic for Titan's sake! What's not as fun as that?"

"You really think we could do that? Even without being in your realm?" Gus excitedly asks, perking up.

"Yeah! It's a blue moon, right? Weird moons are always magical. No matter the realm. We just have to find something to animate. Since you guys are newbies, it should be something meaningful."

"Like this?"

I look over and see Gus holding up a very buff action figure, absolutely beaming.

"Uh, I don't think that's what Luz meant, but sure." Willow nervously agrees.

Gus sets down the toy and we all sit in a circle and hold hands.

"Aright guys, just repeat after me, okay?"