The corner of her lips tugged upwards slightly, and her usual, dark and empty eyes, looked as though they lit up before all going back to being cold. "Yeah, all good." she turned her back to them, her stomach beginning to churn once more, "Just feeling a little sick is all."

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

"We survived on scraps." Five told Vanya. "Canned food, cockroaches, anything we could find." he chuckles sarcastically. Finally after having Five speak of their ventures, Will spoke up, "you know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life?" Vanya nodded 'yes' in response,

"Well it's total bull." he finished. Will was still very salty about that one. "I can't even imagine." Vanya told them, truthfully. "You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die." Five told her grimly. "So we adapted, whatever the world threw at us we found a way to overcome it."

"Sorry, we are including you two right?" the woman asked, motioning, to the blond, and the lavender haired one. "Yeah, well me and Will." Five corrected, "We both met Mavis a little later." he looked down at his glass, "you got anything stronger?" he asked, holding up his cup.

Moments later, Vanya poured three glasses of whiskey, Five and Mavis both doing it, the girl being a bit faster with it. Will though politely declined, to which Mavis swiftly down it. "You think we're crazy." he stated, the woman's thoughts.

"No," she stammers, "It's just...it's a lot to take in." This frustrated Five, "Exactly, what don't you understand?" He asked.

"Uh oh" Will thought to himself.

Meanwhile, Mavis audibly sighed, frustrated that they were going nowhere and thought that this was a waste of time. She liked Vanya, really she did, but even with the way she was brought up, they shouldn't expect her to understand science, like she would like music.

"Why didn't you just travel back?" Vanya asked, to which Fived scoffed then sighed irritably. "Gee, wish I'd thought of that." he replied sarcastically.

Mavis then began pouring herself another glass before doing it again, her thirst seemingly endless. "Five." Will called out as a warning of his tone. Five looked over then turned back to the woman. "Sorry. Look, Time is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." he said, referring to his adopted fathers words.

"You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?" he asked, his voice lowering slightly, "That I didn't want to get Will out of that hellscape? Or Mavis from hers?" 

"If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?" to the question he scoffed again, "I told you already." He poured himself another drink, taking the bottle from Mavis who looked at him with slit eyes, and let out a growl only he could hear.

He just smirked at her  sweetly, being unaffected by this, and turned back to his sister, "I must have gotten the equations wrong."

"Shocker. Five Hargreeves, not taking the advice of others, and ultimately pays for it." Mavis said, in a dramatic news reporter voice. Vanya watched as Five ignored her childishness, and thought about how the Five she once knew would be utterly annoyed to be around someone who challenged or made fun of him. Oh how he has changed.

"I mean dad used to say that, Time travel could mess up your mind."

Five, continued downing his drink, listening to her words, "well maybe, what's happening?"

"Oh wow, she thinks we're crazy." Mavis thought

"I mean, is she wrong?"  Will thought back to her.