xv. Minnie's advice

Začít od začátku

Alice turned around with red puffy eyes and her upper teeth biting on to her lower lip, " I just want to find my husband. " she whispered before sobbing into her hands as the young boy only began to turn nervous but went around the desk and patted her back.

" Do you know where he might have went? " he spoke in a soft voice while Alice only stayed in his arms as he caressed the small of her back.

" I don't know! I haven't been to London I-in . . . Well I forgot! " she groaned sadly, " W-what's your name? " Alice asked as she finally looked up at the Handsome young boy. " Vincent . " he replied with a small smile that the married women returned.

Alice stayed silent as she let Vincent  soothe her, she stared at the shiny floor with tears in her eyes. She just wanted to see Tommy and talk to him. Maybe confront him like her younger cousin said.

But Thomas would only push her away and make her forget about the whole conversation, he would talk about anything else that would peak her interest. And Alice knew she would fail to confront because he would simply ignore her accusations of him cheating, or him going out late at night. He would simply say—

" if you really love me, like you say you do. Then you wouldn't be accusing me of going out late. "

So Alice could only wait until he would come back, until he would realize that he forgot her. How he left two hours ago and never bothered to call or search for her, frustrated Alice to her core. She left Minnie's number beside her bed in case she went out for tea with her cousin, she left dozen of hotel numbers if they ever wanted to leave the one they were in now.

Thomas didn't even bother to call one, and Alice now knew what she had to do. She would make him pay for the pain he caused her, for all the tears she wasted and never got the answers to them. She wouldn't let him take over what they had and ruin it, sure she was pregnant and completely exhausted. But that wouldn't stop her anymore.

So while Alice and  stayed talking to one another, Thomas was searching and running around London like a complete fool. He went to the richest salons and the best boutiques, but Alice was no where to be found.

Thomas decided to head back to the hotel in case Alice might be in their suite, he started the engine and headed back. Thomas handed the keys to one of the lobby boys who bowed his head and left, the Peaky leader took his razor cap off and opened the doors in a hurry.

And Then he heard her laugh, it was majestic and absolutely heart warming. Everyman that sat inside that building would stare at the white haired Beauty, his Alice.

She sat there with a big smile gracing her face,  his lips slowly turned upwards at the sight of her, but a frown made its way to Tommy's face when he saw a young charming boy beside her.

He scowled when she touched his hand and continued laughing as the man beside her only smiled, Thomas neated up his hair with his hand slicking back the dark locks as he then stood tall and powerful as he walked over to the two.

Alice didn't seem to notice him when she sniffed his strong cologne, her eyes widened a bit when she saw her Tommy making his way towards her and Vincent.

She immediately stood up and ran to him with a big smile, completely forgetting what she was going to say, ignoring what she wanted to do and confront him. All she cared now was that he was in her arms.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her, " oh Tommy! I've missed you. " she whispered into his ear softly but Thomas kept his gaze on Vincent who had a small frown on his lips when he saw the two hugging.

Thomas then wrapped his arms around Alice's waist and pulled her to him, Alice blushed as she stared at her husbands gorgeous blue eyes. But they seemed empty, so out of thought.

Alice then became curious but gasped when Thomas dived in to kiss her, hard. Thomas was never someone to show affection or any type of emotion in public. So it surprised Alice completely when he kissed her passionately.

She giggled as she put a small hand to his chest and pushed him away, " Thomas, not in front of people. " she joked. She didn't notice Vincent looking at the two of them with an expressionless look on his young smooth face, but Thomas did.

And he would be damned if he let another man ever get near his wife again, " come on now Alice, we 'ave to go. Arthur and John are waiting. "

Alice nodded and pecked his lips, she then turned to Vincent who immediately went to smile once he saw her staring at him. " thank you Vincent for keeping me company. I hope I can see you again. " Alice smiled before taking a napkin that stayed in between her and the desk clerk who's heart was beating rapidly.

She then took a pen from her purse and wrote her number down. " for next time. " she added before pecking his cheek and leaving to her husband who held an arm out for her as the married couple then left the hotel.

Vincent then frowned sadly as he looked at the number neatly written on the napkin, he clutched it in his hands before storming off back to his seat behind the desk.

And all he could think about was Alice, And all the way he could win her heart.

CRUELFOOLS