viii. A wedding and betrayal

EIGHT                            a wedding and betrayal

" TOMMY WHERE ARE WE GOING? " TEASED ALICE AS HER AND THOMAS WERE WALKING AROUND BIRMINGHAM BUT THOMAS DIDN'T TELL HER WHERE AS THE PEAKY BOYS WERE BEHIND THEM.

" surprise Alice, keeping it a surprise. " he said but he had a smirk on his lips as he heard her call her Tommy and instead of being so formal all of the time and calling him Thomas. Something he didn't like most of the time.

Thomas was okay with Alice, she was funny and the only one who Knew her numbers in the household, she would nag Thomas sometimes with her latest chapter in the middle of the night thinking he was asleep but he just closed his eyes and listened to her sweet gentle voice that was usually only spitting out curses and sins.

He glanced at her as she had a smirk across her lips as there arms were linked. Her hair was pinned perfectly while she smelled like freshly cut roses and her dress was what Alice would describe herself, a nice neatly puffed black and white dress with puff sleeves accessorizing her with cotton lace on the top of her breasts. Alice looked absolutely stunning and no one could deny it no matter what she had done.

Arthur cleared his throat as he noticed his brother watching Alice who carried a matching umbrella that looked much more expensive then his suit. Thomas snapped his head back down to his feet with a cigarette hanging from his dry pink lips. " I finished another chapter today. " began Alice starting a small conversation between the two couple who couldn't stand one another sometimes.

Thomas only nodded letting her continue, " it's about a girl who wants everything to be simple but yet crazy. " she explained turning her head to see Thomas's reaction but received instead a stoic face. Alice rolled her eyes before the two walked in silence with the whole peaky blinders in a tow following them.

" Thomas honestly were are we going. " and they were back to square one, she called him Thomas and used a snappy tone while Thomas only scowled. He was getting annoyed by Alice but still something about her made him want her to stay.

" Alice you'll find out just like everyone else. " he said with no emotion as usual and stared at him as his stance was tall and shoulders Broad not caring about anything as he took another deep drag from his cigarette while his eyes looked forward. She squinted her eyes slightly looking at the side of his striking blue eyes before snapping her head back when he turned his head to face her.

They all then came to a stop and Thomas let go of Alice's arm rudely which she scoffed at, " your ready John? " asked Thomas handing him a flask which John took Eagerly with a large Gulp before handing it back to Thomas who took it and passed it to Alice who took a sip for herself but realized that John finished it before throwing the flask away with a scowl.

" what? Why are you all staring at me for? What? " he asked looking around the group.

" good. Let's go. " said Thomas bluntly ignoring Thomas before taking Alice's arm and walking up to the Lee's.
" Tommy what's your plan? We're in shotgun range. " said John looking around timidly before Thomas stopped and turned to John with a sigh.

" John, before we go into battle. . . There's something your going to need. "

He snapped his fingers and Alice handed him the white tulip he was reaching for, then everyone else had brought a white tulip and brought it to johns confused face. He looked at Alice for a somewhat explanation and she could only give him a bored shrug before looking at a Lee man who was looking at her lustily and she could only smirk before giving him a small wave turning to see Thomas and the others walking to a caravan before cheering.