ix. family dinner

NINE family dinner

" GO GET READY. " ORDERED ALICE AS she was fixing her hair in the mirror, while Thomas was still laying in bed.

Thomas couldn't sleep properly thinking about last night events with his aunt and what had happened when she accused him of shopping Freddie Thorne, of course Alice believed him but mainly enjoyed seeing the family fighting for once. It made the household gloomier and Alice thought the Shelby home couldn't have looked better.

Alice headed downstairs for some tea and saw Polly standing in front of the window sipping on her own tea. Alice rose a brow at her before pouring herself some as well and stared at the tea cup.

" so your visiting your family? " she asked and Alice hummed not paying much attention to her and hearing the floorboards creeks noting her that Tommy was awake and was getting ready.

" will be staying the night with them. " said Alice and Polly only nodded before heading to the betting den hearing faint footsteps knowing who it was and left immediately.

" Alice! " called out Thomas to Alice who hummed again. Thomas turned around and saw Alice leaning on the wooden table with a tea cup in her hand innocently. " yes Thomas? " she asked and he stayed silent noticing how she was dressed formally more then usual and saw how her hair was pulled in a very neat bun with two small strands sticking out and as he looked down a long stack of pearls adorned her chest as she breathed softly.

" you ready? " he asked fixing his hat. " yes. " she answered simply. And with that they made there way outside of Birmingham and to the Orave Mansion.

While they silently looked out the window there was a comfortable silence between the two before Alice snapped her fingers and turned to Thomas. " oh yes! I completely forgot. " she said quickly and Thomas glanced at her before turning to the road with a stoic face. " now listen to me carefully Thomas, when we get there we have to act as though we completely are infatuated with one another. "

Thomas then became confused " why? " he asked bluntly pulling a cigarette out and snapped his fingers at Alice who rolled her eyes before rummaged through her purse before grabbing a lighter and lighting his cigarette quickly.

" because! " she groaned as if it was obvious. " if my parents find that we're a lovey dovey married couple they will surely think it was a smart idea for the two of us to be married. Soo when they finally think that, they will absolutely arrange a marriage for my younger dense sister Penelope and SHE will have the burden of being married after I kill you! " she said smugly and Thomas only looked at her as though she had grown two heads.

" I know, this Brain had most definitely not have come from my mother, I mean— wow just wow. " she said with a giggle making Thomas scooch more away from her.

" but seriously if it means that the two of us need to have sex just to prove it to them were in love, we will be having sex tonight surely! " Thomas could only hide the burn on his face as he finally heard that and was tired of needing to please himself every night in his office and he would always groan when Alice would come to mind.

Finally after two long hours they had finally  made it to the Orave mansion. Alice got out of the car taking Thomas's hand with her gloved one before taking his other hand and knocking on the door. He rose a brow but she only shrugged answering with a " your hands are stronger then mine. ".

The door then quickly opened and had hit the wall near it. Then appeared Edward Orave with a dashing giddy smile. " welcome welcome! And hello my dear wonderland! " he said joyfully as Alice laughed at him before hugging him tightly.