1 :: ran haitani

PROM
requested by: elomelyo
•inspired by the song: prom dress by mxmtoon
-fluff-angst-

RAN HAITANI X GenderNeutral!READER

warning: slight angst?

there, the h/c sat down with tears in their eyes as their prom outfit crumpled and folded as they sat down on the stairs with their knees close to their face while they burried it on their knees.

the person who you had liked for a long time, and the person who you had a relationship with the longest had turned out to be stabbing you at the back for the past years.

it was when a student their age went up the stage, and called out their name and asked them to be theirs. that was the time where you were shocked, and heart broken and shattered into a million pieces.

they said 'yes'.

everyone in the venue was shocked too, some knowing that they were already in a relationship with you. but as for the people who didn't know, just cheered and squealed in happiness as they went up the stage and hugged the other.

it turns out that they have been talking to them and have been secretly in a relationship with each other and just wanted it announce and ask publicly in order for everyone to know about them. damn, such attention seekers.

you quickly ran outside, and that was how you ended up in the stairs- crying everything out. they're the only one who understood you, cared for you, and even cheered you up whenever you felt down or sad.

well, turns out you were wrong.

you sobbed, and you no longer cared if the janitors or anyone heard you crying like a person struggling to survive an intense punishment. you no longer cared, and that was it.

you felt someone's presence, but of course, you didn't care and just continued to cry.

"why...? did they not care for me at all?" you said in between sobs, as your outfit soaked up the tears falling and dripping down both of your cheeks.

your realtionship with your parents and siblings weren't good at all, but when you were them, you felt at peace. things aren't doing good in your household, and then there are times during fights where they had to step in and protect you.

and you never got the chance to thank them.

you thought and asked to yourself, "am i problematic? am i too much? and am i a burden to them? it doesn't matter.".

"i'd be the prom queen or king.. or whatever. if crying was a contest, i'd definitely win." you said in an angry tone, and you heard foot steps coming down and towards you on the stairs.

"yo, y/n.." that all-too-familiar voice reached your eardrums, and you were quick to tilt your head to look at the man behind you.

he, was ran haitani.

he actually confessed to you once, but you rejected him and said that he wasn't really 'the one' for you and that you just wanted to wait in peace for that person to come one day.

they did, or so you thought. but each compliment told to you by them was a lie, and only some of it being true. even the three word sentence was a lie.

the sentence "i love you." was a lie.

"how long have you been listening to me..?" you asked, slightly worrying that he might have seen your vulnerable side even though you had just told yourself to not care about anyone present in the stairs at the moment. while ran was surprised you had talked to him, he composed himself.

"i've been listening this whole time.. sorry about that, and im sorry for the... you know, what happened." you were shocked, and happy at the same time at how the words that came out from his mouth just now sounded so sincere.

did the person you rejected really care for you? to answer that, yes he did.

"i-it's fine.. don't worry about it." you reassured him, but he knew that you were spitting lies and that you actually weren't alright. he had a frown on his face, and he decided to come down the stair where you sat down and sit with you while patting your back carefully- as if it was a way to tell you that it was okay to cry.

"you know.. ran... i-i'm sorry. you shouldn't be seeing me like th-"

"it's fine, i promise you. you can cry, and talk to me whenever you have problems or when you wanna talk to someone. i'm here, y/n." the black and blonde haired man said in a reassuring way and without a word, you began to cry on him while holding his shoulder. he smiled, and he was happy to see you being comfortable with crying in front of him.

he pat you, and then he kissed your forehead which had taken you aback.

"i'll lend you a shoulder, y/n. i love you, and i have always loved you since day one." he said.