Chapter 8 - Mate

Chapter 8

Mate

Xavier Jackson

"Look at me rogue" I demand in my Alpha tone.

She laughs coldly "your Alpha tone won't work on me"

I frown slightly. What the hell does she mean?

She slowly turns around, and I'm met with cold icy blue eyes.

I gasp at her beauty, as Chad goes crazy in my head, screaming, <Mate, Mate! Mine!>

My wolf, Chad, jump in joy in my head. I've never seen him so happy, but he just found his soulmate, so it would be weird if he wasn't this happy. I stare at our mate, shamelessly. She's even more beautiful than I imagined. Her wavy brown hair tumble down her back, and ends just above her ass. Her blue eyes are cold, but still shine bright. She's quite petite, and have a slim but curvy body. I can't wait to touch all those curves of hers. She is perfect to say the least.

"Alpha, are you alright?" I snap my gaze to Nick, as his slightly worried voice bring me out of my thoughts. Just then I realize I've been staring at her intensely, without even blinking once. God, how fucking embarrassing. My cheeks take on a light red hue, at my realization. I shake it off, and turn back to my god like mate, still standing inside the closed cell.

She stares back at me with a raised brow, as I clear my throat. "Leave" I command harshly, while keeping my eyes on my mate. They stand in shock at my command. I growl angrily, "now!"

They rush out quickly, and I wait until I hear the heavy metal door close.

"What's your name, mate?" I ask softly.

"None of your fucking business! And don't call me mate!" she spat out the word mate as if it burned her tongue. I frown rather disappointed by her answer, "I'm not your mate, Alpha"

I feel Chad come to the surface at our mate's disrespect towards us, and the bond we share. He rides me hard, as he tries to take control of our body. I hold him back as much as I can.

<Calm the fuck down Chad!> I yell at him, when my eyes start glowing.

"I would say that it is my business. Not only are you my mate, but you also crossing into my territory. The least you can do is tell me your name, and no matter if you like it or not, you are MY mate. You can't change that sweetheart, and one day you will stand by my side, as my luna"

She growls loudly at my words, "I am NOT your luna. I will never be your luna. I'm a lone wolf, and I will never join a pack, especially not yours. I don't care about this mate shit; I don't want nor need a mate"

Chad whimper in pain at her harsh words. It feels like she just shoved a knife into our stomach, and twisted it. My sadness slowly gets replaced by anger, and my closed fists starts shaking, as pure anger rush through my veins.

How dare she talk to us like that. We are her mate, and soon her Alpha. She needs to show us some goddamn respect.

I unlock the cell door, and grab her arm. She quickly starts struggling against me, making me tighten my grip on her arm even further. I drag her out the cell and out the cellar door. The guards stare at us, shock written all over their faces. I growl warningly at them, making them turn their gaze to the ground. I make my way to my apartment, with her still struggling in my hold.

***

I lock the door behind us, as we enter my apartment. She stops struggling for mere seconds, as she glances around. I'm almost sure that I saw wonder flash in her eyes, but it quickly gets replaced with her usual cold expression.

"What am I doing here?" Her voice cold and emotionless.

I don't like it. The cold look in her eyes, and her voice, saddens me greatly. I want her to be happy, and I want her eyes to reflect that happiness. One day, I will make her smile. A large gleeful smile. I will do everything in my power to make her the happiest woman alive.

"This is your new home; our home" I answer her question, with a small smile.

She quickly starts struggling again, as she screams, "this is not my home!"

I sigh sadly, and stalk to our bedroom, as she just keeps struggling and screams her head off. I close and lock the bedroom door, and release her from my hold. Light blue bruises are standing out on her skin. Sadness wash over me like a bucket of cold water. I didn't mean to hurt her. Chad whine at the bruises on our mate's forearm, as he lay on the ground, with his tail tugged underneath his belly.

"This is our bedroom, and you will spend most of your time in here, until I trust you enough to let you roam around. There will be guards standing outside the bedroom door, and the apartment door. If you need anything, and I mean anything, you just tell the guards, and they will get you anything you want or need. You can also tell them to contact me, and I'll be here within seconds. When I trust you more, I will let you have more freedom. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but I can't lose you"

I offer her a small smile, but all I get back is her cold stare. I sigh in defeat, before leaving the bedroom. I lock the door reluctantly, wishing I didn't have to do this. Her screams fill the apartment, as she yells at me to let her out. Her fists are banging on the door, and it doesn't take long before I hear the shattering of furniture. I'm gonna need to redo our bedroom after today. I sigh at that thought, and run my hand through my hair tiredly.

What a fucking rollercoaster this day have turned out to become. I leave the bedroom, with slumped shoulders. I hope she will calm down a little after having some alone time.

>I want both of you to stand guard outside my bedroom. My mate is contained in there, and under no circumstances will you let her leave the room, without my permission. If she needs anything, you can either contact me or get it for her yourself.> I mind link Taylor and Claus, two of my best guards.

>Yes Alpha> I close our link after their respond, and make my way to my office. I still have some paperwork, I have to finish, and then I can join my gorgeous mate, and sleep with her tugged securely in my arms. If she'll let me, that is.

I fall down in my chair with a tired groan. I mind link Stanford and Scott, and tell them to come to my office. They answer immediately, and my door opens seconds after. They must have been in the pack house, since they got here so quickly.

They bow their heads before walking inside.

"What can we do for you Alpha" Stanford is the first to speak.

"I want you two to stand guard outside my apartment, at all times. I know you are both currently mateless, so you are perfect for the assignment. No one is allowed to enter or exit the apartment without my permission, understood?"

"Yes Alpha" they answer with a nod. I wave my hand to the door, dismissing them.