10

Atlanta, GA
───────
𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫

"So what do you do? Where you working at?" Quincy said.

"I work at Health Cure Hospital. I'ma Sonographer."

"You be telling parents the gender and shit?"

"Something like that. I also take pictures of the internal organs and some more." She said chuckling.

Quincy sat there acting surprised as if he didn't know all this information already. Ever since he found out her real name, he's been digging in finding more and more about Vin'nyla everyday. He didn't want to come off as a creep so he just pretended as if he didn't know.

"How bout you?" Vin'nyla asked.

"I'm in collage and I run the shop you came to yesterday."

"That shops all you? Crazy, it looks nice by the way." Vin'nyla said not knowing.

"I appreciate it."

"What you majoring in?"

"Business." Quincy said nonchalantly.

"You don't seem so interested. Why's that?" Vin'nyla asked cursorily while licking the sprinkles off the spoon.

"Ever since my father passed and I started running the shop, collage started feeling like a chore to me."

Vin'nyla looked around worriedly lowing her voice, "Quincy you never told me your father passed away. Sorry for your loss." She said rubbing his hands sentimentality.

"It's all good, I've learned to cope." He said blankly. But deep down, a piece of his heart ripped every time he mentioned the passing of his father.

Breaking the silence Quincy asked, "You have any siblings?"

"I have a little sister. You saw her at the mall actually. Lilli. She was so confused about the whole situation questioning why you were calling me Delilah and who you was." Vin'nyla said taking another spoon of ice cream. "Kid just being a kid, nosey as hell."

"She look just like you. I almost mistakend her as your daughter. But you can tell her brother-in-law gone come see her real soon again."

"Quincy stop playing. I have other niggas lined up ready to take your spot and you're already on thin ice!" Vin'nyla joked while struggling her shoulders.

"I'll kill all em niggas stop playing wimme me Vin'nyla." He said seriously making his Georgia accent come out.

Vin'nyla nervously laughed at how serious he got.

He's crazy. she thought.

"I'm playing, calm your tits." She said still chuckling. "But you got any siblings? Ian hear you mention any."

"I have two younger sisters, twins actually. They're 11. Rory and Hazel."

"Oh my goodness! You have a picture? I wanna see." Vin'nyla said tugging on his hand.

"I got a picture of them." Quincy said pulling out his phone then scrolling through his camera roll.

"Hm." He said handing her the phone.

" He said handing her the phone