Chapter Six

It was now the middle of the school year. Hinata was hyped! He's been studying with Kageyama and Yachi for their examinations. To be honest, everyone has, so now they've had sometimes where they shortened volleyball practice or when they didn't have it at all. They've been studying so hard that sometimes their brains hurt. They're okay with it though, although Hinata misses volleyball so much!! Sometimes he'd think about using studying as a cheat plan to get closer to Tsukishima, but he knows that it wouldn't work. Tsukishima's so protected and self-absorbed in Hinata's eyes. He didn't think he was a selfish person.. It wasn't self absorbed.. he meant.. umm.. he meant.. he meant introverted! Tsukishima is the type of introverted extrovert and Yamaguchi is his extroverted introvert! What he means is Tsukishima is kind of an extrovert, he'll talk to someone, but he may not start the conversations, he won't be afraid of his own opinion. Now he's also very closed about his emotions, it's hard to tell how he's feeling! He could be mad at you and look at you with the same expression as when he's bored or annoyed! Ugh he's so complicated!! Now, Yamaguchi is an introvert, he's shy and secretive but he also loves talking to people! He's actually a really great friend!!

Now, Hinata was so focused on the two of them and mostly Tsukishima, that he stopped reading, now he just looks like he's trying to figure a word out in his textbook. He's just been staring and staring and staring. Suddenly..

"HINATA!" 

The teacher yelled at Hinata, Hinata snapped out of his daze and looked up very quickly in a flinch. The teacher looked at him and asked sternly, "Is your mind elsewhere?", "N-No sir." Hinata stuttered in reply, then asking where they left off, and gaining himself a detention. 'Damn it.' Hinata thought, now he was upset that he had detention and texted the coach that he couldn't go to practice today. He was upset that he wasn't going to practice but he was actually kind of okay with it because now he had more time to study rather than focus on a ball. This was kind of odd for Hinata to think like this, but his mother also said a couple days ago that if he didn't get his grades up, he's not gonna be allowed to play volleyball. He told his coach about it so when he tells him that he can't go, his coach thinks that he has bad grades, but he doesn't care what the coach thinks.

After School

Now Hinata was in detention. Although he was studying, sometimes he would doze off and stop reading to himself. This would catch some attention to his teacher. His teacher would yell at him for dozing off in the middle of reading and not continuing to study, he also got a call to home about what was going on. His mother was furious. He groaned in annoyance at the situation, the teacher that was holding his detention told him that his mother said he was grounded, and Hinata hit his head on his book. Although being very dramatic, Hinata didn't feel like explaining himself and just groaned in annoyance even more, soon continuing where he left off.

When Hinata got home

Hinata walked through his front door exhausted, he hadn't ridden his bike up that really big hill in a long, long time. He walked to his bedroom and flopped on his bed, awaiting a massive lecture from his mother. His face stuffed into the soft pillow that was laid out on his navy blue bed, he was just waiting as his body filled up with pain from the tenseness that started easing from his muscles. His mother walked through the door and saw how he looked. "Shoyo baby, are you okay?" His mother asked in sympathy, she hasn't seen her son this exhausted before. Hinata sat up, forming a headache because the outside contrasted all of the darkness in his room, leaving his eyes with sensitivity and hurting him. "I'm fine mom, just had a lot of studying.. I kept dozing off in class, I'm sorry." Hinata apologized. His mother walked in, wrapping her arms around him. "Aw Sho, it's okay, everyone has rough days. And your rough test comin' up, I'm sure you'll do fine, you've been studying a lot." His mother said, continuing with, "You're not actually grounded by the way, I just lied to your teacher so that he could think that I'm mad at ya so he doesn't punish ya more." Hinata hugged his mom, he was dazzled by her beautiful southern accent, both Natsu and him have the one of their fathers, completely different. "Thank you for helping ma." Hinata said as his mother hugged him back, he was happy because of her right now, he was so glad.