22: shielded tacos

Start from the beginning

"You should wear them now and let your feet get numb," Lorelai suggested.

"That's sick," Rory's face scrunched up in confusion.

"That's called sacrifice," Cassie said, putting a hand on Rory's shoulder.

"Go get the hair spray," Lorelai requested.

"On it," Cassie told her, heading into the kitchen. Rory stood up, quickly following her sister just as the doorbell rang.

"It's open!"

"It's me!" Sookie yelled as she walked into the Gilmore house. "I got tacos!"

The second she heard those words Cassie abandoned the mission to find the hairspray and turned around. "I heard you say tacos."

"Here ya go pumpkin," Sookie said, handing Cassie the bag full of food. "Wow, you look like a princess."

"Thanks Sookie."

"I got extra hot sauce and a couple extra burritos in case you get hungry later," Sookie explained as she followed Cassie and the bag of food.

"You take such good care of me."

Lorelai, who was currently facing back pain after being attacked by Rory's dress, was now sitting on the couch. In the exact same position she had been in all afternoon.

"Hey Sookie," Rory greeted as she walked back into the living room. "Look."

Sookie turned around, letting out a loud gasp. "Oh, my god! You're a movie star!" Sookie gushed now, focusing on the dresses the twins wore. "At some point tonight, walk down a flight of stairs. Movie stars always walk down staircases." The twins suddenly looked confused, as they tried to process what Sookie just told them.

"Let me spray while you figure out what she said," Lorelai said, lifting her arm to grab the hairspray from Rory."

"You don't move. I got it," Sookie announced, grabbing the hairspray.

"Wait Sookie-" Cassie tried to reach forward and stop her, but unfortunately Cassie wasn't quick enough. Because right before she could grab the hairspray Sookie-

"Oh!" Sookie gasped, accidentally spraying the hairspray at herself instead of at Rory's hair. "Wrong way- I got it."

"Are you okay?" Rory asked, taking the hairspray from Sookie.

"Yeah, sweetie. Hand that to your mother, and uh... my eyelashes are all stuck together," Sookie realized.

"Honey, are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine!" Sookie yelled, slowly walking into the kitchen.

"Shield the tacos," Lorelai instructed.

"I got 'em," Cassie said, grabbing the tacos before Rory could grab them.

"Honey, grab a napkin I don't want you to spill," Lorelai said to her younger daughter. Cassie rolled her eyes, walking into the kitchen. Lorelai suddenly got deja vu, she had lived that exact moment before, when Cassie was much shorter.

Cassie walked into the kitchen, going unnoticed by Sookie who was trying to sort herself out by the sink. "Rory!" Sookie yelled, not knowing that Cassie was a few inches away from her. "Is this soap by the sink in the silver bottle?"

"No!"

"No," Rory quickly entered the kitchen with a taco in her hand just as the doorbell rang for a second time.

"We're in here!"

"Sookie, stop," Cassie grabbed a damp paper towel, putting it against Sookie's eyes to try and make them feel better. Only problem, Sookie couldn't stand still.