ᴜɴᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ꜱɪᴄᴋɴᴇꜱꜱᴇꜱ. (𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

Start from the beginning

"Xiao, I get that I did something idiotic, but must you lecture me when I'm half-awake and sick?" She emphasised being sick and half-awake by gesturing to herself being in bed.

"Fine," He sighed, his lips curling into a scowl.

He did that a lot, she thought, stifling a laugh.

"You know, you don't to really, like, er, be here," She spoke, "You have other 'Adepti' things to do."

"I can make time for my lover."

"If you insist, Oh, so, Mighty Adeptus. Then I must listen to your command as I cannot disobeys orders given by the-"

"I will leave," He covered her mouth, passing her another glare before crossing his arms.

"How rude, I was only presenting my respect to you." She huffed, imitating annoyance before falling into a fit of coughs.

She took a deep breath once her fit had halted, blinking away the black dots that threatened to force her into a slumber.

"Xiao, may I have water please? I feel a little dizzy again."

Xiao nodded, lifting the cup of water from the bedstand that he had prepared earlier. He held her face gently to tilt the cup at the right angle as she slowly sat up, back against the headboard. For an adeptus who had fought and only fought for years with no end, his touch was surprisingly gentle as if he were holding a brittle seashell by the shore.

He was patient, letting her take small sips at a time. With his other hand, he brushed loose strands behind her ear. It was a small act yet full of care.

Tapping his wrist to indicate she was done drinking; she began to pull back saying a small thank you while snuggling back into the covers.

She received a short nod in return from the adeptus as he sat back down, an awkward silence enveloping the room.

"So," She began.

"No."

"How rude, you shut up. Anyways, as I was saying before a certain someone interrupted me," She scoffed, glaring at him. "How are you today?"

"Do you mean the level of my tolerance towards my karmic debt?" He questioned, raising his brow.

"I meant you in general, Xiao." She laughed softly before bringing her fist up to cough into.

"I am fine, but your health is the main concern here." He looked over at her, a hint of worry in his amber eyes. "Shall I leave you to rest?"

"What if you leave and I start doing work?" She had a mischievous lilt to her voice, her slight smile confirming it. "So, you have no choice but to look after your beloved."

"You insolent mortal. Why are you so frustrating?" A silent sigh eluded him, his words were harsh, but it carried no venom.

"You are frustrating as well, shut up."

"Why do I bother?"

"Why the fuck not?" She rolled her eyes as he threw another menacing glare at her. "Besides, you love me. I don't know how but you do, unfortunately."

"I am starting to question my judgement."

She snickered, "Love you too."

"I am assuming from the way you are countering with such ridiculous lines that you are fine." There was a ghost of a smile on his face as he spoke, "So, there is no need for my presence."

"I- You fucking beautiful tease. This is new."

He chuckled. It was slight, but it was there. "You are unique."

[Y/N] felt the blood rush to her face. Xiao? Complimenting? That was quite unusual for the adeptus. As well as him chuckling, a pleasant yet rare sound to hear.

"How so?" She curiously inquired, her eyes meeting his.

"You have the intelligence to figure it out."

She yanked a pillow at him that he caught effortlessly, her face mocking anger as she bit back another laugh.

"Xiao, you can't just do that."

He cleared his throat, "So, I suppose I'll be taking care of you. Is there anything specific you need at the moment?"

"You."

He narrowed his eyes again, "You already have taken me. Anything else?"

"If I, have you then I am not in need of anything," She chortled before yawning, stretching her arms and legs out. Tiredness reflected on her face.

"Rest."

"No."

"Rest, you insolent mortal." He tossed another stern glare at her as she brought up her hands in a surrendering gesture.

"Alright, alright." She smiled playfully, getting into a comfortable position. "Love you, Xiao."

He opened his mouth to speak but she was snoozing away already, her face sheltered with calamity. The corners of his mouth quirked upwards as he leaned forward to press a kiss to her forehead.

"Rest well, [Y/N]."

(I am a simp for Xiao and I don't even know what this is. Please end me.)