Daryl grunts, "how do ya know they still got 'em?"

Denise shrugs, "it isn't that far. I just wanna check. And you three aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts."

"We'll go."

"I wanted to check. I just wanted to help." Denise wraps her arms around herself, uncomfortable. I watch her, finding I have no issue taking her on my own if it comes down to it. Something about her is screaming that she needs this. If anyone understands where she's coming from, it's Daryl and me.

Rosita hasn't gone out of her way to speak to me; I've done the same. I think she might be nursing a grudge against me over our first introduction. I'm not sorry, so I refuse to waste my breath on apologizing. She got froggy and tried to attack me.

It probably doesn't help I've grown close to her ex-boyfriend; I had opened my home to him after he left her for Sasha.

"How much time you spend out there?" Daryl questions, doubt clouds his handsome features.

"None."

"Forget it." Daryl waves his hand dismissively.

I shake my head, reaching for him. His blue eyes glance down at my hand on his shoulder, then returning to my face. "Dare, she needs to learn one way or another. Teaching her a weapon can only get her so far. She's gotta jump into the deep end, eventually."

She nods graciously at me after watching our interaction closely. "Thank you. I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready." She fidgets under the rednecks glare.

"You good with this?" Daryl growls at Rosita, ignoring me.

"No." Rosita spreads her arms, annoyed.

I scoff, growing agitated. "Y'all are being fucking ridiculous." I shove by Daryl, giving the doctor my attention. "I have no problem taking you. I've been resting way too long. I'm good." I stalk up to her, "let's go." I link my arms with hers, leading her away from the Debby downers. "We'll have a girls day, full of killing walkers and getting meds for the community."

"Thank you." She smiles over at me as we walk away.

"Damn it, Vanessa." Daryl swears, throwing his tools in frustration. "C'mon Rosita, it's time to go." I smirk as the sounds of their footsteps follow us.

I grin at her, whispering, "I knew that was going to happen."  I wink.

She laugh, "oh, you're good."

"No, I'm an evil fucking genius. I could see that this was important for whatever reason, and I was going to make it happen one way or another." We make it to the truck not long after. I glance behind us, seeing Daryl and Rosita running to catch up. I wave at them as I jump into the bed of the truck while the three of them pile into the cab. I swore I saw Rosita flip me off somewhere along the line. I'm aware she isn't the biggest fan of me, but it doesn't bother me any. I get comfortable against the side, watching the world pass us by.