Chapter 3

Ophelia's POV

Once we left the café, I followed Tobias, Micah, and Luca in the camper to the Frost Pack house. My mind wandered back to when I touched Tobias earlier and the vision I received of Tobias, Gwen, Micah, Luca, and another girl who I haven't met before but whose name is Ara at a fancy restaurant sometime in the future. The name tags in front of each person are what gave me their names.

During the dream, another alpha entered the restaurant. This other alpha's presence seemed to provoke Tobias's wolf into taking control. Gwen then tried to calm Tobias' wolf down, and that is when I learned his wolf's name. The other alpha seemed angry about something and he kept on saying something about his mate. Micah and Luca jumped up to protect their Luna from the alpha, when they jumped up my vision ended.

My oracle visions never made complete sense, but this one gave me good information about the Frost pack. Somehow, I also know I need to find this other alpha, but with no information about him other than what he looked like that was going to be tremendously difficult.

Maybe we will get another vision that will give us the needed information about this alpha. Ocean told me. I agreed with this, my visions usually did come at just the right time. I parked the camper near Tobias' car as we reached the pack house. I carried a bag that was filled with my necessities into the building. Micah showed me to a decently sized room on the second level of the pack house.

"This is where you will be staying. Your sister will be on the third level with Alpha. If you need anything, Luca and I's rooms are on this floor." Micah informed me. I thanked him and then he left. The room had a closet and balcony attached to it, with a bathroom across the hall. I set my bag down on the bed and then walked out onto the balcony. The night came soon as I stood on the balcony, along with the hoots of the owls. It was a clear night and I couldn't have wished for anything different. Stars dotted the darkness and a crescent moon hung alongside them.

Phea, you can't ignore your problems forever. Ocean commented.

I'm not trying to, Ocean, I just need to relax tonight. Tomorrow I will figure out how to find the alpha in my vision along with helping Gwen get accustomed to this pack and living with werewolves.

Those aren't the problems I was talking about. I was talking about us finding a second-chance ma...

Ocean don't finish that sentence. You know that is impossible. We are destined to be alone. And anyway, no oracle has ever gotten one before. Why would we be any different? I told her. Ocean whimpered in my head, then she curled up in a little ball, tucking her nose under her bushing tail. I sighed at this; we both wished for the same thing, but I just knew it is impossible. Soon, I walked back into the room and fell asleep.

"So, Lia, what is your family back home like?" Sparrow asked me. My head was lying on his chest as he combed his fingers through my hair.

"I lived with my mother and half-sister." I couldn't wish to be anywhere else right now. No matter where I was if my mate was next to me, I would be content.

"Are they werewolves?"

"No, they are both human. My father was a werewolf, but he died right after I was born. What about you? Any family?"

"I have a younger brother, Jay, who is the same age as you. My mother rejected my father after she found out that he was cheating on her. He then left the pack, but was later found dead by the pack borders," Sparrow told me. His voice cracked as he told me the painful memories and I hugged him closer. The mate bond sent sparks through our bodies as I hugged him, and he hugged me back. We stayed in that position for a while, before Sparrow kissed the top of my head and told me,

"I wish we weren't stuck in here. I wish I could give you the life you deserve."

"I would rather spend the rest of my life in here if you were with me than be alone in a mansion." He smiled at my words, but it was more of a sad smile than anything else.

"In another world, we would be living in a small cottage together. A small pond beside the cottage and you would have room to build a garden. Then after a few years, our pups would be running around outside. Oh, what I would give to live that life with you," Sparrow wished. Tears filled my eyes as I recognized that we would never be able to live that life. That world would never exist because instead of that we were trapped in these cells with an unknown future before us. But we could wish, and I would never stop wishing to be in another world.

I woke up startled, I had been plagued with these memories in the form of dreams for three years now. I vowed to never forget him, and if these dreams are what it takes then so be it.

I miss Arius. Ocean whimpered in my mind.

I do as well, but now only have each other. No one else in this world will ever replace either of them. I promised her. She nodded her wolf head, but still laid down and whimpered.