Chapter 2

Zayn's pov

My thoughts became reality yesterday and when I woke up the next morning, there were bruises everywhere on my body. I knew I had to go to school today and this didn't make my mood any better.

I made myself ready and headed to school. Sports was on the timetable today. I hate sports because I have to change, or I else have to come up with another excuse.

I decided on the second variant and told my teacher, Mr. Johnson, that I wasn't feeling good. He completely flipped, pulled me into his office and yelled: "Change the fuck your clothes!! I'm tired of your excuses!!"

I flinched but didn't make a move to change. "I can't!" I yelled back, as I teared up slowly.

"If you can't I will do it for you!!" He screamed.

"NO!!" I tried but it was too late. He grabbed my jumper and pulled it over my head.

Exactly in this moment Liam stood in the door frame and looked at me with wide eyes. I already see him running away with a disgusted look. But this gaze never came.

"Zayn?!?" he says, not believing his eyes

"What are you doing here?!" Mr. Johnson yelled at him.

"I could ask you the same. Please let Zayn alone. He did nothing wrong." Liam said very calm. What is he doing?

"Yes, he did!! He has not been taking part in sports lessons for a few weeks now!!" Mr. Johnson argued not very calmly.

"Ever thought about this having a good reason? Maybe?" Liam asked him, already annoyed by the teacher.

"No Liam, it's ok. Please leave." I spoke.

"I'm leaving with you. Not alone." he told me.

"LIAM PAYNE!! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!" the teacher screamed at him.

Liam took my arm and pulled me out of his office and into the nearest school toilet.

"What was that and why are you here?" Liam asked with a concerned look on his face.

I didn't reply but started crying. He doesn't care. He's just playing nice. Why would he care about ME? I'm a worthless fag.

Liam's pov (sorry for the change)

What am I supposed to do?? Should I hug him? It breaks my heart to see him like this.

I decided to just give him a hug if he wants. I don't press him into telling what's wrong. He can tell me whenever he wants.

"I'm sorry for taking your time, Liam. You can go. I'm fine! It's not like you care about me." Zayn said brokenly.

„What? No! Zayn! I know we just met but I really do care and I'm not leaving you like this" I reassured him. „And you don't have to tell me if you don't want. I'm ok with it"

Zayn didn't say anything. He hid his wrists, and I could see that he was uncomfortable. I knew exactly why he did this.

"Want my jumper?" I asked him. I want him to become a bit more comfortable.

I didn't wait for a response and gave him my hoodie. He hesitated but took it thankfully.

"Thank you, Li.." he said unsure about the situation. He looks so cute in my jumper!!

"No problem, Zee. Can I have your phone? To write my number in it." I asked.

"Zee?" he asked unsure. "Oh I-I'm... It just slipped... I'm sorry..." I stammered.

"No, it's ok. I don't mind" Zayn told me with a shy smile.

I sighed relieved and asked again "And? Can I have your phone?"