AU explained

Luz is a normal girl with one sister, Vee, that her mother, Camila, adopted. Vee was the same age as Luz and they pretty much looked like they were biological siblings. Vee was a sweet girl and loved her family. Luz's father had passed away a few years ago and Camila hadn't found another love. Luz had a fairly normal life she worked for someone named Eda, who she considered her family. Eda was a nice and weird lady who worked at Luz's school and owned a pawn shop. Luz's job consisted of watching Eda's adopted 5-year-old son, king, and she would also be great help at the pawn shop.

Luz's life was awesome a lovely family, a job she absolutely loved, and friends. But one thing Luz thought was a cherry on top of her life was her awesome girlfriend, Amity.

Amity, wasn't brought up in the best house hold. Her life seemed picture perfect on the outside, good grades, prom queen, rich, nice girlfriend, but nothing about it was perfect, except for having an awesome girlfriend. Her parents were owners of some big company and her mother cared more than anything about the family name. Amity's mother pressured her kids on everything, she made sure they weren't falling behind in school, she choose who the were supposed to be friends with, and decides how they should dress, act, and basically controls their lives.

Amity didn't like her life she thought that her entire existence was a mistake. She had two older twin siblings a boy and a girl. They loved each other though they would never say it out loud. Her father a pretty chill dude and loved his kids, but despite that he's always engaged with his work.

Luz's best friends were these two kids Willow and Gus. Willow was sweet, good at sports, smart, and just a great person. When Luz moved to the city they became friends almost instantly. Willow and Gus were her neighbors and met on Luz's first day of school. Willow lived across the street form the Noceda's house with her two dads. Gus live right next to her with his mom and dad and they've been friends ever since Luz's first day.

Luz's school was okay her favorite teacher at school was Whispers they taught music and Luz never got bored of their class. Whispers name was Raine Whispers and Luz knew them as her teacher but also Raine and Eda had been dating and she saw them around when she would see Eda.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter was definitely not a normal kid. Hunter lived with his uncle because his parents passed away when he was little. His uncle treated him like shit, he was abusive and was a shit guardian. This made Hunter a aggressive kid. He didn't have any siblings and he would rather not talk to his uncle. His uncle's name was Philip and he owned some big companies and Philip and Hunter lived in this big house.

Hunter hated everything, he hated having to get up and go to a stupid fucking school, he hated people who would look at him weird because he a scar on his cheek, he hated when he came to school with bruises on his face, and he just hated everything about his stupid fucking life.

If he were to like something from his life it would probably be cigarettes. Now Hunter knew how bad smoking can be for the body but it was a nice break from everything. It was nice it feel something that wasn't hate and he thought smoking was the best was to cope with everything.

He didn't really like any teacher's. Lilith Clawthron was the history teacher, most kids loved her class but in Hunter's opinion she couldn't mind her business. Lilith was this nice lady who kids loved because she made the lessons she taught fun. Lilith loved her job she loved working with kids. She also was the co-owner of the pawn shop that her sister owned. Hunter didn't like her because she was alway on his case with everything. Hunter kinda thinks she hates him.

His least favorite class was math. The teachers name was Kikimora and boy did she really hate him. At the beginning of the year he may or may not have played a prank on her and Kikimora has hated him ever since. Kikimora was really small which is why kids would think they could get away with anything in her class. So she was also bitter about that too.

If Hunter was forced to pick a class he would definitely pick reading. The teacher who taught this class was Darius. Darius was a teacher and he owned some businesses and Hunter wouldn't admit it but he kinda looked up to him. Darius was pretty tall, most kids were scared of him but Hunter wasn't. Darius kinda reminded him of his uncle a tall man who people were scared of who had some sort of power. Hunter also didn't mind music with Whispers. But in the end he really hated school.

Eda was the study hall teacher. Now all kids loved her. She was the chillest teacher ever. Her class was when kids could really socialize in school. Eda cared about all of her students. That's who Eda was she cared about everything she cared about her kid, her sister, her pawn shop, and her teaching job. She was the teacher who you know would never judge you and would alway help you out. Despite that Hunter never told anyone about his uncle. Some people kinda knew like you can't show up to school with bruises all over you body and call it an accident. But Hunter pushed anyone who tried to help away.

Hunter did have friends though. They were these kids who hooked him up with cigarettes, and they definitely weren't the best influence on each other but Hunter didn't really care. Hunter was a smart kid, he knew how to take care of himself and knew right from wrong. But he didn't know love. How would he in all his 16 years of life no one has ever expressed they loved him. And that sad truth was no one probably will.

Hunter knew who Luz was, they were in some of the same classes. He knew all of the people in her little friend group but they ran with different crowds. Hunter and his "friends" were bullies and Luz's group were people who stuck up to bullies. So they didn't really get along, Hunter didn't really bother any of them because the last time he did, which was when he bothered Amity, he got suspended for a week. He didn't mind getting suspended but his uncle was an ass the entire week. So he left their group alone.