Part 3

Luz woke up and banged her head on the bunk bed. What a nice was to start the morning, Luz thought. Luz and Vee shared a room with bunk beds and this was the first time in a while that Luz had woken up like this. She turned to her alarm clock and saw that it was only 5:26. She usually woke up at 6:30 but she could tell that she probably wasn't going to go back to sleep so she basically had an hour to spare. She thought of what to do while waiting if she thought maybe take a shower, wake up her sister, cook breakfast for her family, or go for a run.

She considered the idea's but eventually decided that she would just go on her phone. The thing that caught Luz's attention was that the vandalism person had struck again. This time at the pawn shop Luz worked at. Her co-worker, Steve, who had been the one to close the night before reported that he had seen nothing out of ordinary so they must have done the crime at night. The pawn shop didn't have camera's, because Eda was to stubborn to get some, so there wasn't much they could do.

Luz observed the art work. It was pretty cool but Luz was livid, the art piece was this red bird who at it's wings out. It probably took all night for whomever done it. It would also probably take all day to clean it, she felt bad for Eda and thought who would do such a thing.

Luz's decided to do more digging on the subject and found out that whoever was doing this had done it at least 3 times. The one she saw the other day on Vee's phone, the one on the pawn shop, and this other one of a train cart. The only way that they knew it was the same person was because they were all signed. The name signed wasn't really a name the signature was 'The Golden Guard'.

Luz couldn't help but wonder who could have done such a thing like who would just do that for their own enjoyment, so Luz tried everything to see what she could find on the subject, when out of nowhere she head a beep. She almost fell off her bed but realized that it was just her alarm and then put her phone away and got ready for the day with Vee.

After they said goodbye to their mom they got on the bus and went to there usually spots. But Luz couldn't stop thinking of who could have done such a thing. When they pulled up to the Wittebane household Luz kinda glanced at Hunter and realized his eye bags were deeper then they usually were.

Then she realized that maybe Hunter might know who did this, like Hunter hung around kids like this maybe he knew who would do but she kinda realized that he probably wasn't willing to help her. When they made it to Amity's house and the three blight children got on the yellow vehicle Luz decided that with the help of Gus, Willow, and Amity they could find out who vandalized the pawn shop. She knew they would help so she told them her concerns and they started to plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter's weekend had been exciting I mean getting caught by your teachers while drinking and then having an awful hungover was definitely fun. He also decided to vandalize this pawn shop that two of his teachers owned. The shop itself carries pretty useless things but it's still somehow successful, the store is called The Owl House which Hunter found weird but he really didn't care. His friends had done this with his help because they thought it would be funny. Hunter kinda just made the design of the animal and helped them prep for the art piece. Hunter kinda felt bad for doing this the Clawthron sister's shop but he was just the artist in it all. He hadn't vandalized anything he had just helped prep which still wasn't good but he didn't question his friends morals.

He didn't feel that going to school would be the best thing for him right now considering what happened with his teachers but his Uncle's illness was getting worse and he was at home today so that was the last place Hunter wanted to be.

Hunter was really tired and probably was gonna fall asleep I'm half his classes so he probably won't even be bothered or atleast that's what Hunter had hoped. He knew that his teachers wouldn't tell anyone except maybe some of his other teachers, like he kinda knew Whispers had probably told Eda already but they lived together and Eda might tell her sister because they were family. Darius might tell the gym coach, Eder, but that's probably it. As long as the math teacher, Kikimora, and science teacher, Terra, didn't find out he'd be good because they'd probably tell the entire school.

Hunter was in the art room for his free period again and was just sketching a design of a landscape. It wasn't pretty it was dark and the leafs weren't on the tree's but it wasn't fall, the were no leafs it looked like something in horror movies like it's might look like nothing but you can just tell something happened. Like you know that even though it's not fall it's cold and it would just give you bad vibes.

His next class was reading, he wasn't excited for this class. His only time away from adults was his first class and maybe Eda Clawthron's class but only the good kids got to leave the class room and he caused some trouble last week so he wasn't going anywhere. When the bell rang his heart quietly picked up speed, he was walking slowly but making sure he wasn't the last one in class because he still wanted a seat in the back.

He was lucky and got his usual spot in the back farthest from the teacher, which was all he wanted. The teacher wasn't in the room yet because they had this meeting with the broad but it probably wouldn't take long for that to end. But something he wasn't worried about was Luz Noceda willing sitting right next to him. He didn't really notice it until he caught Luz looking at him. He looked at her and asked, "Can I help you?"

"Umm yeah sorry," Luz began, "I was wondering if I could ask you a question?" she gave him a sincere smile.

Hunter sarcastically committed, "Isn't that a question though?" Luz rolled her eyes at this.

"Please."

"Fine," Hunter rolled his eyes before asking, "what do you want?"

"Well-," Luz started but was quickly cut off but Darius walking through the door and the entire room went quite.

"Good morning class, how was all of your weekend," Darius said as he set his coffee on his desk. At the question the class got into their own conversations of what they did over the weekend. "Okay, okay class," Darius began, "How about we all take turns of what we did? Would anyone like to start?" Most of his classmates rose their hands, probably to stall time so they don't have a lesson, but Hunter's hand stayed down. "Hunter how about you start us off." Darius said with an innocent looking smile.

Hunter face went pale he knew exactly what his teacher was doing he knew that Hunter wouldn't want to tell anyone about what happened. "Umm," Hunter was hesitant, "nothing much, just stayed home." He hoped this would be enough.

"That all?" Darius asked and Hunter shook his head yes, "Well okay who else would like to share?"

As that the class grew into that conversation and Hunter finally caught his breath and didn't realize that Luz was staring at him.

She thought his behavior was unusual because she had never heard him hesitate, it was new. He alway knew what to say.

Weird, Luz thought.