"I called her to check on her and she... it was obvious she had been crying. I asked her... asked her if she was okay and she said she was just feeling a little homesick." Jimin's lip quivered and I could see it was affecting him more than he was letting on. "I'm afraid that she's going to want to go back home."

My heart shattered at his words, knowing I was the cause of his hurt. Y/N had the opportunity to tell them about what I had said, but instead had covered it up, hid it from them. Why? Why was she protecting me? Why was she not throwing me to the wolves and letting them tear me apart? I didn't understand it. I wanted to reassure him, but before I could speak, Yoongi's voice cut through the room.

"Jimin-ah? Don't even think about that. Our soulmate loves us. She's not going anywhere. Trust me." Yoongi's voice was confident and I knew he believed every word he was saying. "It's only natural for her to miss her family, her home. And because we're not there today, it's giving her time to think and be alone."

Jimin nodded and I could see Yoongi's words had reassured him. "Yeah. Just climb in her bed tonight and you'll feel better." Taehyungs voice was filled with amusement and from the way Jimin's cheeks flushed, I could see it was something he did frequently.

As the other members teased Jimin, I couldn't stop the feelings of jealousy that filled me as I thought about their relationships with Y/N.  I knew deep down that I should be a part of it all, that I should reminiscing about climbing in her bed and pulling her close, but I couldn't. Even if I had the opportunity before, I really lost it all now.

***

The meetings passed quickly and before I knew it, we were standing up, ready to exit the room. From the way the maknaes danced around excitedly, I knew they were in a hurry to get back to Y/N. And from the way, Namjoon grinned, I could see he could sense the same thing. With a wave, he released them and the three youngest members hurried from the conference room, chattering happily about getting back to their soulmate.

"Hyung? Would you like to come have dinner with us? I'm sure Y/N wouldn't mind. We can order takeout." Hoseok's voice was hopeful as he spoke and every part of me wanted to say yes, but I knew it would be a bad idea.

"I can't tonight.  I'm having dinner with Mi-suk and our parents." Even though it sounded like an excuse, it was actually the truth. Mi-suk had texted me (several damn times) throughout the meeting, telling me we needed to meet to finalize the dinner menu for the reception.

Hoseok's smile faded and he nodded. "Uh... okay. Maybe another time."

I nodded and with a last smile, he left the room, leaving me feeling guilty. Ever since I had started dating Mi-suk, I didn't spend as much time with the other members. It had been nice during the tour, but I knew that being back in Korea would change everything again. Mi-suk was demanding and took much more of my time than I wanted, but sometimes it just wasn't worth the argument, worth the headache of telling her now, giving her something else to complain about.

Grabbing my bag, I headed out of the conference room, my steps feeling heavy as I thought about what had happened that day. I knew I had made a mistake saying those things to Y/N, but I couldn't stop the words from leaving my mouth. If I didn't reject her the way I did, I would have begged her to save me, to hug me, to love me like she did the others. A love I desperately wanted but knew I would never feel.

Yoongi POV:

Something was wrong with Jin and I was sure of it. It was even bigger than the issues going on with his fiancé. From the time he walked in to the conference room, he had been on edge. And there was something thing about the way he looked at all of us that made me uneasy. Throughout the meeting, he had avoided eye contact with me and it only increased my suspicions. When Namjoon had come in to the meeting, he had The same look of doubt on his face. When I had asked him about it, he had told me that Jin had visited the apartment. Part of me no that something had happened with our soulmate.