04. - judgement

february 7th, 1979los angeles, california

february 7th, 1979
los angeles, california

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Good morning," I greeted as I sluggishly walked into the dining room, sliding my slippers across the tiled flooring. I took a seat next to my mother who smiled at me and placed a small kiss onto my forehead.

"Mornin' baby."

My mom never found out about me being out past curfew. Aiyana covered for me and told her that I was at her place. She safely dropped Lucas off too, making it seem as if I had conventionally fell asleep at her place while studying.

But that didn't stop Aiyana from chewing my head off about the whole situation.

"You slept alright?" my mother questioned as she placed a stack of pancakes onto the plate in front of me.

"I did. Yeah," a tired yawn slipped out. Truth is, I could hardly get a wink of sleep. My heart was still aching from what I had witnessed down at the roller rink. I haven't bumped into him these past few days and I have Aiyana to thank for that. We avoided the rink at all costs and hung out at her place after classes.

"It's past seven, no classes today?" she questioned before taking a seat next to me.

"Nope," I shook my head. "Where's dad?"

"You know where he is," my mother rolled her eyes in disgust. "Writin' his heart out with those damn papers. That just can't get enough of his job."

"You know he has a lot of work to do," I countered.

"On his day off? Pft, please."

It was becoming obvious that there was a rift between my parents. I was never one to stick my nose in grown folks business, especially when it involved my parents. So instead of continuing, I kept my mouth shut.

My mother left work work after giving me a parting kiss on the cheek. I finished my breakfast and placed my dishes in the kitchen sink before walking to my bedroom. I looked over at my nightstand and walked toward it, immediately dialing Aiyana's number on my landline.

"Momma bear left?" she answered after two rings.

"Mhm but dad's still here. What time did you wanna head over to the rink."

"Uh... the next twenty minutes. But um hey, Lor."

"Yeah?"

"You still never told me where you went that night at the rink... and you've been awfully quiet since everything with Rocky went down. You alright?"