03. - burden

february 4th, 1979los angeles, california

february 4th, 1979
los angeles, california

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I never would've imagined walking the streets of Los Angeles with one of Hollywood's finest celebrities. But I also never would've imagined Rocky breaking my heart tonight. The only thing keeping me from crying was that I had a stranger beside me and I knew how awkward it was to cheer someone you didn't know up. The 'should I be doing this?' feeling you get when you want to console them, yeah I don't want to put him through that.

So instead of crying aloud and releasing any frustrations that I may have at the moment, I stayed silent as I walked beside Michael.

"I've never been out this late unless it was for a show," Michael interrupted my thoughts, my head turning to his as he continued speaking. "Joseph- uh you know, my father doesn't really let us do anything besides work so I feel pretty free right now."

"Well my momma doesn't let me stay out past ten and I'm nineteen years old," I smirked before checking the time on my watch.

10:10 P.M.

"And your father?" he questioned softly. He knew that he might be treading on thin ice by asking that question but judging by his body language, he was confident.

"He follows whatever my mother says but he's more lenient, a peacemaker if you will."

"Sounds like my mother," Michael smirked slightly. "Always wanting to keep the peace."

There was a comfortable silence as we walked, the sounds of automobile engines revving and horns honking filling our ears. I looked over at Michael and he seemed to be timid yet untroubled. The tiny grin that was formed when his eyes darted to me gave me reassurance that he was alright.

We evaded the busy streets of Los Cienaga and headed toward a less crowded area. We ended up sitting down alongside a secluded area, one where there was nothing but steep hills and gravel.

"I have no clue where we are and for some reason, I'm not the slightest bit worried about it," Michael stated, causing our silence to diminish.

"Well if you wanted to know, we're in Ladera Heights. Some call it the black 'Beverly Hills' but hey, to each their own."

"You live around here?"

"Mhm," I nodded. "I live closer to the rink though."

"I see," he placed his thumb on his bottom lip in thought. "Oh- I didn't catch your name yet, right?"