Trickster x Fem!Shy!Reader

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for being my best friend." I said.

I pulled away for the last time and smiled sadly at his teary face. I placed a gentle hand upon Ji-Woon's cheek, him not moving an inch.

"I love you." I smiled again.

The boy stood there, stiff as a board. His eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open to say something.

But he didn't say anything.

I frowned and turned away, giving him one last glance before hopping into the taxicab. The cabdriver peeled away from the curb and slowly drove past my old home. I stared at Ji-Woon through the window, bringing my hand up to give him a wave. He waved back miserably. I caught glimpse of the pink and yellow beaded bracelet on his wrist and bursted into tears.

I examined the worn bracelet on my own wrist. The old beads were my two favourite colours as well as my name spelled out in colourful Hangul letters. I bowed my head and cried all the way to the airport.

Years later

I sat on the couch and scrolled through my phone. The web was littered with photos and articles of none other than Ji-Woon Hak, my former best friend. A few years after I left, he seemed to become quite popular. What I meant by 'popular', was that he was a global superstar. He was a beloved K-pop star with adoring fans of all ages. The fame seemed to get to Ji-Woon's head. Who could blame him? It was around this time that he stopped replying to my texts or comments I left him. It was not a very good feeling.

I continued to read through information about the pop star before my eyes locked on the old bracelet around my wrist. My name still stood out proudly on the plastic beads. I frowned as a tired exhale left my lips. Now it wasn't often I'd be stalking my old friend's socials, but he seemed to be in quite the controversy as of late.

People were actually saying that Ji-Woon could very possibly be a k—!

Suddenly a shiver ran through me, then another. The windows and doors were shut but it all of a sudden got so cold. I set my phone down on the couch next to me and rubbed my arms furiously. I furrowed my brow when I noticed a foggy mist wafting its way into the room.

"What the hell?" I murmured.

I stood from the couch and walked over to the fog. It thickened and I quickly figured out it was the reason it was suddenly freezing. Before I could resist its darkness, it was all around. I tried to scream, but there was then nothing at all.

The Entity's realm, one month later

The Hillbilly was hot on my tail. The loud rev of his chainsaw was enough to make me full sprint out the exit gates. I could just taste how close he was behind me. I felt a whoosh of wind as the chainsaw slashed in the air, just missing me. I squealed and zipped out the gates before it was too late. I huffed loudly, not slowing down for a second as I ran free.

Before I knew it, I was back at the campfire again. I thought I was getting the hang of this whole realm-trial thing. It was such a scary life I was now leading. But if I stopped, I'd certainly die. I wasn't alone though. There were other survivors here with me. The campfire was packed with us tonight. It wasn't long until some of us faded away again with the fog. I was one of these unfortunate souls.

When the fog cleared, I found myself in Crotus Prenn Asylum with three others. I knew what to do. I snuck over to a broken generator and began to repair it as swiftly as I could. Everything seemed peaceful enough for a while. But then I heard a man's scream. The noise made me mess up, the generator blowing up in my face. I let out a yelp as sparks zapped at my arms. I quickly recovered though and sprung into action to follow after the scream.

I found my friend Jeff on the ground of the asylum, dying. I ran to his aid, carefully helping him up. When I examined his wounds, I noticed that they were like something I had never seen before. Dozens of what looked like knife wounds all over his back. I didn't waste any time and began to dress them. Jeff groaned out in pain as I mended his injuries. Another scream ripped through the fog. I tried to mend the man quicker without hurting him more so I could go rescue the other fallen survivor.

Everything seemed quiet again until I could hear the deadly toll of my own heartbeat. The killer was coming. I just barely patched Jeff up properly before I saw a colourful blade whizz by my head. The older man made a run for it, leaving me in his dust. I didn't dare look back at the killer. A bloody hand firmly grabbed my shoulder and I let out a terrible shriek. The killer whipped me around, now gripping both of my shoulders.

I looked on in shock at the Korean man before me. I froze in place, not being able to move even though I really wanted to. His piercing yellow eyes glared into my soul. I trembled in his grasp, just waiting for him to strike me with one of his blades. But nothing came. The young man stammered out something in Korean, then something that sounded like my name.

"It's you." He said in English.

"What?" I gasped.

A smile met the killer's face. "It's you. It's you—it's you!" He exclaimed.

I yelped when the man engulfed me in a tight hug. I didn't hug back.

"Who are you?" I wheezed.

The man tore himself off me, gazing lovingly into my eyes. His gaze then snapped down to my hand, where he grabbed my wrist and yanked it up to his face.

"I..." I sputtered.

He looked about ready to cry when he noticed the old bracelet on my wrist. The beads were my two favourite colours, followed by my name. Like it always was. The killer said my name again while placing his free hand on his bare chest.

"It's me."

He took the hand off his chest and pushed up the sleeve of his yellow coat, revealing a bracelet. A bracelet with pink and yellow beads, followed by letters spelling out JIWOON in Hangul. I suddenly felt sick. My knees shook and my mouth turned dry.

"Ji-Woon...?" My voice trembled as tears fell freely from my face.

I couldn't believe I didn't recognise him at first. It was him... the boy I knew since we were just seven years old... my best friend. The K-pop star the world loved. That I loved. They were all right though. He was a killer, after all. I unwillingly sobbed, practically throwing myself onto him.

"Ji-Woon!" I cried.

Ji-Woon laughed and spun me around in a loving embrace. Goodness, how long had it been?

"Look at you. You're so beautiful." He gasped, staring crazily at my teary face.

I blushed and a shy smile met my lips. "Thank you... you look great too!" I stuttered, trying not to make it too obvious that I was eyeing off his toned chest.

Suddenly I realised another thing. Ever since he became famous, he stopped replying to my texts! I shoved him away, an angry look striking across my face.

"You totally cut me off! What gives?" I demanded.

The boy seemed shocked at that. He then sputtered for words like the way I did sometimes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to. I got so busy. My manager didn't want me socialising. She said it was distracting." Ji-Woon explained.

My shoulders drooped and I sighed. I guessed that made sense...

"Okay..." I squeaked quietly.

He said my name again, causing me to look at him eagerly. "I never got to tell you it back." He uttered.

"Tell me what back?" I asked in confusion.

Ji-Woon's bloody hands grabbed my face. My cheeks were on fire as he smirked mischievously at me.

"I love you too."

Ji-Woon's lips slammed into mine hungrily.