Trickster x Fem!Shy!Reader

Începe de la început

"What are your favourite colours?" He asked begrudgingly.

I found myself under a tree with Ji-Woon at recess. I sat crosslegged with my chin resting in my hands. I watched the boy in wonder as he played his flute for me. I had never known a seven year old like me to be so talented like this. Ji-Woon was a natural. His eyes were closed blissfully and the music seemed to give him life as he played effortlessly. When the song was over, the Korean boy lowered the flute into his lap and stared at me hopefully. I smiled brightly and clapped my hands together.

"Wow! That was so good!" I praised.

A shy smile met Ji-Woon's young face as well. He watched as the bracelet he made for me jingle as I continued to clap for him. His smile then met my face, where I bashfully smiled back with rosy cheeks.

I made a friend.

Eight years later

Ji-Woon Hak gave me a pained expression that tugged at my heartstrings. Never had he looked at me like that. He was always so sure of himself and charming. But now as he stood before me, the boy looked broken. I frowned, fiddling with the handle on my suitcase.

"I don't want you to go." Ji-Woon whispered.

"I don't wanna go either." I said softly.

We stood out front of my house, my suitcase next to me. My guardian thought it was time we moved back home after being here since I was just seven. I was heartbroken. I didn't want to leave Ji-Woon, my best friend. I was his only friend.

"Hey, I'll text you?" I offered.

"It's not the same." Ji-Woon sighed.

"I know..." I stared at my shoes shyly like I always did.

The teen said my name, and I glanced up at him. He came in close and planted both his hands on my face. My cheeks almost immediately heated up and turned crimson.

"I'm gonna miss you." Ji-Woon brooded.

A taxicab drove up the road and slowed down towards us. It was time to go. I threw my arms around my friend and cried softly against him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, man." I sobbed.

I felt Ji-Woon's toned arms wrap around my body almost protectively. He clung to me like I'd disappear any second. Which sadly, was the case. His face buried into my hair, holding me still for long moments. My body wracked with sobs as I hid in his neck. My guardian exited the house and called my name.

"Come on, darling! It's time to go. Don't wanna miss that plane!" They said importantly, hauling out bags of luggage.

I broke away from Ji-Woon and hurried over to help them with the luggage. My best friend slowly walked over, doing the same. Most of our belongings had already been taken to the airport in a truck. This was just our remaining essentials. My guardian chucked their bags into the back of the cab before dusting their hands off. They came over to Ji-Woon and smacked a hand onto his shoulder.

"Thanks for always being there for my girl. Gonna miss you, Ji-Woon." They smiled sadly before getting into the cab to give us space.

I turned to Ji-Woon again with a tearstained face. They began to fall more when I noticed that he too started crying.

"Oh, Ji-Woon." I sighed.

I threw my arms around him a final time, taking in his warmth. I sniffled and leaned against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. He froze up slightly and I could tell he was trying to hold back from sobbing.