Ever since she was little.

Her blue eyes then landed on the familiar figure of her big brother. His hair was more grown out than it had been when she last saw him, but not as long as it had been when they had been in Hydra's captivity. She still thought it suited him though.

Elliot did not, however, like that her brother was currently being talked to by a familiar teenager, Elena Gilbert. She especially didn't like that the girl was talking to her brother because she was a newly turned vampire, who most likely lacked the control that a more experienced vampire had. She knew her brother could take her if she went after him, but she also knew that her brother was more in check with not hurting people than she was.

Bucky had been trying to leave the Mystic Grill after getting a beer. His path to the doorway had been interrupted by one of the teenagers he had seen around his little sister. He wasn't aware of her name nor did he really care to.

"You're Elliot's sister, right?"

Bucky stared down at her with an emotionless look. He didn't want to talk to her. Hell, he didn't want to talk to anyone until he knew his sister was okay.

But apparently Elena didn't take his silence as a hint.

"Are you like her?" Elena questioned.

Bucky grumbled in response.

He didn't want to entertain her trying to talk to her anymore, so the super soldier made his way around her, only for the brunette to catch onto his forearm, in hopes of keeping him in place to continue to talk to him.

Elliot had been watching the entire exchange between the doppelganger and her brother. She had watched the annoyed look that appeared on his face when Elena spoke to him. She had watched him try to walk away and then have Elena stop him.

And that was when Elliot no longer stood there.

Instead, she swiftly made her way across the Mystic Grill, making sure not to raise any suspicion with the other occupants of the place.

Elliot had kept walking until she was right next to her brother. She forcefully removed Elena's hand from Bucky, keeping a tight grip on it. Elena went to fight against Elliot, but Elliot discreetly fought off every advance that the teenager threw at her.

Bucky stared at his little sister, shocked to see her back in Mystic Falls. He was yet to say anything to her, finding amusement in the situation before him and because he didn't know what to say to her after she had just randomly disappeared.

Elliot had a tight grip on both of Elena's arms, making sure the younger female wasn't able to move. To everyone around them, it looked like they were just shaking hands or giving a hug to one another.

"Let go of me," Elena told the older woman.

Elliot didn't do so.

Not yet anyways.

"Don't touch my brother, Elena," Elliot's voice was stern when she spoke to the girl, making shivers shoot down Elena's spine. Elena continued her struggle against Elliot,  but to no avail. "You're a newbie vampire that doesn't have the basic skills in combat let alone is able to keep human blood down," Elliot mocked the teenager, having looked through all the messages that had been sent from her friends while she was away.

Elena fought against her grip once more.

"Don't bother, doll," Elliot whispered to her before letting go of Elena. She then watched as Elena exited the Mystic Grill with an annoyed look on her face.

As soon as she was gone, Elliot turned and looked up at her big brother, who was still yet to say anything to her. "Hi?" Elliot said to him, unsure of her own words.