"Thank you. You as well." He chuckled, rubbing his hand through his messy hair in an attempt to push it back. It didn't work at all, the mop of brown locks falling right back into place.

My eyes lingered on his forehead where his scar was placed, and he must have noticed quickly, brushing his bangs to the side to cover it.

"I'm sorry for staring. I don't want you to feel embarrassed or anything. It just fascinated me. I like it." I smiled as my eyes moved down to look at his while we walked.

"I guess it just makes me a little insecure. Everyone stares at it all the time. Talks about it all the time. The entire reason I have it is the reason I don't have parents. I don't know." He mumbled, letting an awkward laugh slip his lips as he diverted his gaze away from me. My heart faltered for a moment for the boy, feeling horrible about his parent's deaths. I tried my best to make him feel better and ease his mind.

"You're insecure?" I laughed. "Dear Godric, you're Harry Fuckin' Potter! How could you be insecure?!" I chuckled, making him bite back a smile while his cheeks turned red. "Can I see it?" I asked, stopping in my tracks and facing him. He looked at me nervously before he nodded. He pushed his hair back out of the way with his good hand and let me look at it.

I lifted my hand up towards it, causing him to flinch his head back slightly. I traced over it once with my pointer finger and gave him a warm smile.

"Pretty." I told him, putting my hand back down at my side.

"Could say the same thing about you." He mumbled under his breath, but it was still loud enough for me to hear. Suddenly my heart was pounding in my chest and I could feel my cheeks heating up. Is this guilt? Am I feeling guilty?

"Well, apparently we are to meet McGonagall so we can practice dancing for a grand ball." I over exaggerated my voice to match hers while I changed the subject. "Care to walk with me?" I offered. Harry looked around nervously.

"Aren't you and Malfoy... y'know, a thing now." He whispered timidly. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Drake and I aren't competing in a horrendous tournament at the age of 12 together, are we?" I joked as I started walking again. "All I did was ask you to walk with me, Harold. Not attend the ball with me. Even if he doesn't like our friendship, he can't stay mad at me forever. I'm Emelia." I teased. Harry snorted once as he heard me.

"Trust me, everyone knows he's wrapped around your pinky finger. I believe every word." He laughed.

"Boys, right hand on the waist, left hand in hers. Ladies, left hand on the shoulder, right hand in his. Understood?" McGonagall chirped in the center of the classroom. "Mr. Finnigan, keep it appropriate!" She shouted as she rushed across the room towards Seamus and his partner. Boys will be boys.

"Please, as if you and I didn't learn how to do this ages ago." Draco chuckled as he interlocked our hands, pulling my waist against his tightly. "I heard that you have to share a special dance at the beginning of the ball along with the other champions and their dates." Draco teased as he wiggled his eyebrows.

I followed his lead as we danced around the room, definitely showing up the other students who didn't get opportunities to attend balls and parties like Draco and I did. He was always my dance partner, since we were younger. It was like the rhythm we shared was so natural we could do it in our sleep.

"Oh, Merlin." I groaned, leaning forward and laying my forehead against his shoulder. "I don't want to dance in front of everyone." I sighed.

"Why not, sweetheart?" He chuckled, placing his hands on my waist and lifting me in the air with a small twirl. He tucked my straight hair behind my ears when he placed me down, and then continued our dancing.