028. dead men tell no tales

MAY 2020

MAY 2020.

       THEIR DEVOTION SO WILD IT COULD BE MISTAKEN FOR ULTRAVIOLENCE... the chilly afternoon of New York entered the daylight stricken apartment. Daphne lit the cigarette and inhaled so long and so deep you would mistaken the sound got air being released from a tire. She then walked onto the balcony, blowing the smoke toward the sky.

The brunette tangled on her couch sat up, glancing over at the way the woman walked off moments ago. Her hair was a mess, her cheek pinked to the lips, which were in ache from the endless touch of Daphne Ryder's. The two found themselves belonging to one another for quite awhile, never feeling so eager with another person. At least for Hailee. 

She pushed her hair behind her ear, reliving the previous moments throughout her mind. Her feet dropping to the floor as she stood up and threw on her clothes. The black tile was cold even through her socks, she shivered to herself as she made her way over towards the terrance. Daphne was of course spending a little one on one time with her death wish, it dangled between her fingers as she exhaled.

Hailee watched the woman for a moment. Her back was turned towards her but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy the sight. There was something about Daphne Ryder on a balcony in front of such a beautiful view that felt so... so unreal. The fact of the matter was, it was all unreal in Hailee's mind. She never would have imagined she would be spending her free time on Daphne Ryder's couch, if you'd asked her yesterday morning. She would have simply called you mad.

She made her way out onto the balcony, looking down at the city folk as she leaned over. Hundreds of people crossed that certain street of Manhattan, all living their own various lives. Half of them she could have expected to be Daphne Ryder fans, to only not find their favorite rockstar living just above their head.

Hailee turned as Daphne put out her cigarette, despite being few feet away from the girl. "You don't have to do that, you know."

"Because you're a big girl?" Daphne questioned, a smirk tugging at her lips as Hailee's grin could be uncontainable. The déjà vu replayed in her mind as she held a smile, reminiscing on her first conversation with the woman. "Why'd you bring me here, Daphne Ryder?"

The woman remained silent as the sound of the city echoed around them. It was the sounds of taxi's honking at one another in the endless traffic of New York, dogs howling at anything and everything, endless chatter of bored housewives, clinking of dishes at the four star restaurants- it was the city of New York. Everything seemed so small and meaningless when you truly looked around. It made Hailee want to stop questioning things. Stop thinking so much about every little thing.