004. ....and hot?

FEBRUARY 2020

FEBRUARY 2020.

THE SMELL OF CIGARETTES filled the penthouse the group of rockers sat in. Despite it being one of the nicest places in the whole city, with one of the biggest square footages known to Manhattan, the smell still covered the space. Not just from today, it's been like this since the day she moved in. It kind of gave the place character, something it honestly needed with the modern aesthetic covering the place head to toe.

Four cigarettes burned as Daphne huffed, watching her band sit at her large couch. She stood and watched over the group, noticing every little detail. The way Phoebe continued to glance at Atlas with a smile plastered on her fac, the way Leon tapped his foot lightly, the way Alex took a sip of his Old Fashioned and kept forgetting to set it on a coaster. Coasters that Leon got her of course, she couldn't give two fucks about if there was rings on her glass coffee table. Only if it was strong enough for her and some random guy to collide on.

Daphne breathed in, allowing the cigarette to practically consume her body before throwing it in the ashtray and making her way back over to the couch. It didn't matter how quiet or gentle she walked, all eyes turned to her as she sat between Alex and Leon. It was a "gift" she had. She was just someone that you couldn't keep your eyes off, no matter what she said or did. It wouldn't matter.

"Ashley invited us over. Apparently her brother's 'really hot'." Alex spoke, directing the last sentence towards the woman sat beside him. Daphne huffed as she leaned back. "Hot tub night. Please come, if you don't then I don't think she'll let me go by myself. And god I really want to just fuck the shit out of her." Alex added making Atlas shove him as Leon rolled his eyes. Daphne shook her head, her lack of reaction something they were all used to.

"You're a pig," Phoebe groaned making Alex scoff. "Hey she's worse than I am!"

"No." Daphne spoke, the words rolling off her tone with ease. It didn't matter how little she spoke or what she said, it always came off perfectly. "'No' oh fuck you. Remember Ashley's friend you fucked last month at that party?"

Daphne turned her head to face Alex, the annoyance in her face already there as she stared coldly into his eyes. "Fucking obviously."

"What was his name?" Alex spoke confidently with a smirk as they all stared at her, waiting for her answer.

"How the fuck should I know?" She revealed making the room burst into laughter. Leon smiled as he patted Daphne's shoulder making her shove his hand away. "I have to agree with Alex on this one, Daph. Never thought I would say that but it's true."